Clyde vs Airdrieonians

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not wanting Falkirk levels of partiality in the commentating.

However, commentators, please do not describe this shit as entertaining or a terrific match on the Clyde PPV.

At the moment as I am relying on all you posters. I will need to wait for the highlights, to  say whether I agree or not.

If we chuck Rumsby and get Syvertsen and Shiels back soon, I honestly think we will be alright. Two absolute howlers from a normally dependable player (don't really want to crucify Rumsby any further, but it's a goal a game now) killed us today. Fair play to big Nicoll and McNiff who I expected to get absolutely embarrassed today, but that never really panned out. Cuddihy is much, much better further forward.

I didn't watch today - as I will not give Clyde any of my money while David Goodwillie is on their books - but pleasing to get what sounds like by all accounts a convincing win. Was relatively nervy when Clyde got their second with plenty of time left and presumably the wind behind them but I'm glad we managed to see the game out and didn't perform a characteristic Airdrie collapse. Looking forward to watching the highlights and Tam Rab's goal in particular. Nice to see Ally Roy make his return. Here's hoping he can step up and play an important role in the remainder of the season. 

I must say I find the relative optimism and praise for their squad that I often find on the Clyde thread surprising. Every time I've seen them play (bearing in mind I didn't watch our defeat at Broadwood last season) they've been an absolute gang. Even Mitchell, including today, must have chucked in or cost about 4 or 5 goals against us by himself. A League 2 rabble with Goodwillie being their only saving grace. 

12 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I must say I find the relative optimism and praise for their squad that I often find on the Clyde thread surprising. Every time I've seen them play (bearing in mind I didn't watch our defeat at Broadwood last season) they've been an absolute gang. Even Mitchell, including today, must have chucked in or cost about 4 or 5 goals against us by himself. A League 2 rabble with Goodwillie being their only saving grace. 

We don’t have a great squad by any means (we’re absolutely skint) but we certainly seem to save our worst stuff for playing against Airdrie (and Peterhead). Some really stinking performances served up against you in recent times.