Clyde vs Airdrieonians

Starting the thread again for Clyde; in a hope that another win will be forthcoming like last Saturday. The visitors took a good win against Falkirk and having smashed Clyde for five already and should be confident of winning at Broadwood.

Timely win at Cove which was great to see. I am hopeful we can nick this.

Clyde 1 nil

Edited by TheBigGuy

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Starting the thread again for Clyde; in a hope that another win will be forthcoming like last Saturday. The visitors took a good win against Falkirk and having smashed Clyde for five already and should be confident of winning at Broadwood.

Timely win at Cove which was great to see. I am hopeful we can nick this.

Clyde 1 nil

It's a strange League in that we drew with Cove when they were in good form and it surprised me that Clyde won up there. As you say we "smashed" Clyde but that's one of our few strong performances until last Saturday. Maybe Airdrie will be the "Clyde" bogy team of Falkirk  a la last season., although we also never lost to them last season. The only game we played atBroadwood was one we were all expecting to win  but Clyde grabbed the game early on, and Goodwillie is always a threat. Have signed up for PPV so it will be very interesting. Glad for once that I will not need to suffer a chilly experience in person. Merry Xmas .

We got a surprising but welcome win up at Cove. We are still gifting goals away, I know it's Xmas but that has to stop as we can't be needing Goodwillie to score 2 or 3 goals a game to bale us out.

I didn't see the Cove game but encouraging to read that Palmer actually resembles a midfielder seeing as we've been playing without any all season.

Here my 'hot take' on this match...

Last week's result SHOULD (for any "normal" team) be a catalyst for change, but, last week's game and this week's game are 2 very different games, with very different expectations.  We always knew last week, we would have less of the ball, be under more pressure and be set up to hopefully stifle anything coming our way.  If we were to set up like that against Clyde (and it's no disrespect to Clyde at all) our fans (inc. me) would throw a wobbler.  This is a game, where it's not too unreasonable to expect a team selection and set up for taking the game to Clyde.  And by the way, Clyde will be thinking the same, we are there for the taking for anyone who can snatch a quick goal, and then watch us f.anny about for the next 85 mins trying to breakdown a defence unsuccessfully.

One of Murray's failings is changing a starting XI on a weekly basis without ever really changing the game plan along with it.  We already know what formation/tactics will be, bit it's always just a random shuffle to see who plays.  I've said for long enough I'd rather risk losing a goal or 2 if we could score 3 or 4 but personnel dictate otherwise unfortunately 

Hopefully Carrick is back in the starting XI and Connell carries on his good form.

Any win will do please.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Do we have any idea who the trialists have been?

A. Trialist and B. Trialist according to my sources who are closely connected with the backroom staff at the club. One of them works with Howie, too.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

13 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
40 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:
No Syvertsen today.

Not very optimistic with that starting line up, hopefully I'm wrong.

You’re not the only one feeling that way! Fingers crossed for a belated Christmas present.