What gives you a bad dose of appalling nasty farts?

8MileBU

20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

You'd no doubt have loved Murph's Pakora Bar that used to be a fixture in the west end of Glasgow then which basically served anything they could douse in gram flour batter and deep fry...I think at one point they had about 30-40 different types on offer...random stuff like aubergine, smoked sausage, garlic prawns, cheese....

...and egg.

The owner who I assume was called Murphy owned a nearby pub too. We would drink there sometimes, I used to be really fond of that area. He liked a wee libation himself and one night played his hoover like a guitar while standing on the bar and kicking glasses off. It was a fun place.

28 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

The owner who I assume was called Murphy owned a nearby pub too. We would drink there sometimes, I used to be really fond of that area. He liked a wee libation himself and one night played his hoover like a guitar while standing on the bar and kicking glasses off. It was a fun place.

Another sadly long gone one-off in Old Dumbarton Road was Bar Booshka, which from memory had Soviet chic decor and took advantage of the fact that almost anything will dissolve in vodka if you leave it there long enough. They had a "menu" of well over 100 at one point.

We used to use it a lot to get tanked up prior to gigs at the SECC, and I remember one time they had a thing going where if you could think up a new flavour they ended up using, you'd get a round of shots on the house.

We were up at the bar spitballing daft stuff: "doner meat...",  "salt & vinegar..." and so on, when one dawned on me they hadn't used so far

"Victory V's!"

"Fuckin' brilliant - we're doing that..." said the barman, who'd been listening in.

A man of his word - it was on the menu next time I was in.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Today for my lunch, a couple of generously peppered slices of roasted cheese (f**k y’all) and a cup of coffee resulted in some hot, pungent farts being produced which led to in Mrs Mile giving me a look that could kill and the issue of a threat to cancel Christmas in 8mile Manor; 

So this got me wondering - Is there anything in particular in the diets of P&Bers that makes your erses offensively foul to the point it upsets your loved ones?

Good news.  Your wife has not got Covid.

However I think you should come up with another test.

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

There's a Polish bloke who lives upstairs from me. He regularly makes  Bigos, which is a traditional Polish stew of sauerkraut and cabbage. I've tried it a few times. It tastes nice but leads to some of the most rancid farts imaginable.  

I can vouch for this... 

I have mild lactose intolerance so anything too creamy causes significant amounts of senorsoupe-made exhaust.  I can handle hard cheeses like old cheddars but Brie or Camembert will be problematic for anyone within range of me.  Milk or cream is also does a good job of clearing rooms

9 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Brussels sprouts. Christmas night is always a fun affair when you add in the lager and the rest of the dinner too. 

As a tax dodging student in Aberdeen I decided that making a vegetable stir fry was a cheap tea. For some reason I thought I would put sprouts in it. Ate it, it wasn't bad and walked up to the Uni library for a night's studying.

Half way to the library I suddenly turned into Johnny Fartpants. I kept going and went into the library but my guts also kept going. I must have curled the pages of a few academic tomes that night.

Never, never, never put sprouts in a stir fry 🌬️🤢

Edited by tamthebam
Spellung

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

As a tax dodging student in Aberdeen I decided that making a vegetable stir fry was a cheap tea. For some reason I thought I would put sprouts in it. Ate it, it wasn't bad and walked up to the Uni library for a night's studying.

Half way to the library I suddenly turned into Johnny Fartpants. I kept going and went into the library but my guts also kept going. I must have curled the pages of a few academic tomes that night.

Never, never, never put sprouts in a stir fry 🌬️🤢

Duly noted! Doesn't sound like something I'd add into a stir fry anyway but now I'm definitely never doing it.

On a similar note, cucumber of any sort makes me burp like mad. No farts, but I'll be gassy all day up the other end. 

15 hours ago, Adam said:

Pickled onions. Bought a jar of the chippy ones (Gold Star or something) from Aldi the other week and munched my way through half the jar whilst working. That evening my farts were probably worse than I can ever remember them being, absolutely barking.

Pickled herring does it for me (and everybody that happens to be passing on the street).  Rank but braw.