What do you need in January?

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I nearly added that to my post, actually: Jim seems very reluctant to use youth at CH, so I could see us signing an old scrapper/journeyman. I'd certainly say a back-up CH is more pressing that a new striker.

Don't see the need for this to be honest, Foley, Fraser and Tait can all play centre back without weakening an other area of the team.  If it's Tait then Mason at left back if Fraser then Flynn at right back.  If he thought he needed a journeyman as cover surely he would have kept Baird?

Like others have said my priority would be a natural goalscorer considering the amount of chances we create and don't take. We know about Obika but Erwin and Dennis are still a bit unknown due to illness/injuries and lack of game time. Maybe they will come good. Besides that the squad looks good although overloaded in midfield. Sheron can return and do we really need Connolly, McAllister, Flynn and Morias all jockeying for the wide right position? We need to keep Mason to give us cover but more importantly a different game plan on the left. I would keep as is however if a decent striker appeared I'd be willing to let Sheron and probably Morias go to fund the striker (it was either Morias or Flynn but Flynn is more versatile).

Potentially an entire new team.

I'd probably keep in the first 11: Doohan, Grivosti, Naismith, Kelly, Draper, Stewart and Shaw (on more recent form). Maybes on Iacovitti, Midge, Mckay and Paton.

The rest? Yeesht.

EDIT: I forgot Josh Reid. He's a definite keep, but in a team that's utterly honking, it may be worth loaning him to an upper championship club for six months to keep him away from the dross.

Edited by Comrie

47 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Potentially an entire new team.

I'd probably keep in the first 11: Doohan, Grivosti, Naismith, Kelly, Draper, Stewart and Shaw (on more recent form). Maybes on Iacovitti, Midge, Mckay and Paton.

The rest? Yeesht.

I can see us signing 5 or 6 new players tbh