Your Seat

8 hours ago, Munoz said:

Have sat in the same seat in the West Stand in all but the very 1st season after we moved to Greenhill Rd. With it being just about on the halfway line and on the back row, it really is a great view.

IMG-20201222-WA0000.jpg

Aye. It is that neighbour! I miss going there. What a feckin year this has been. Just thankful for.....

C3214E2A-FAD2-471E-B7D2-71B7B6509E9D.thumb.jpeg.ce588965bdbb859d8da224514f9b9032.jpeg

15 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Been a season ticket holder since I was 18. My first full wage out of school went straight to my 1st ST. 

Moved to this section of the ground since 2010/11 and been here ever since. Albeit the view is better from higher up but I’ve always enjoyed seeing the game from the level the players and manager do, don’t ask me why.

I always remember my 1st game which was Celtic v Liverpool post Hillsborough where my idol Kenny Dalglish made a cameo, what a Liverpool team that was as well, and I’ve been hooked ever since 

A096DA39-8137-461D-874C-9E591BB2809C.jpeg

Im just along from you in 111. Was initially in North stand upper on the half way line (405)  but moved down when there when was an unofficial standing section, think thats roughly the same time as yourself. Tbh as much as I do enjoy the standing section Ive often traded with people who want a shot so I can watch the game without a big fleg waving in front of me.

22 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah never understood folk that willingly choose to sit behind the goals when they can sit in one of the side stands. Only away ground i've been in that had a decent view from behind the goals was Tynecastle, because it's quite high up and steep, but it's still nowhere near as good as seeing the game from a pitch side view.

Agree about the view behind the goals. Our cup tie at Ayr back in February, and trips to st Mirren are examples of dreadful views of the far goal. Understandable in an old ground like Somerset, but always felt that st Mirren missed a trick with their new stadium by building the stands so low, shallow and a bit back from the pitch.

Tynecastle is good as it's steep as you say, but Accies is a great view from behind the goal. The ground doesn't look great on tv with no fans visible round the pitch, and only being two sided, but with it being close and the front row being high up, the view is excellent.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree about the view behind the goals. Our cup tie at Ayr back in February, and trips to st Mirren are examples of dreadful views of the far goal. Understandable in an old ground like Somerset, but always felt that st Mirren missed a trick with their new stadium by building the stands so low, shallow and a bit back from the pitch.

Tynecastle is good as it's steep as you say, but Accies is a great view from behind the goal. The ground doesn't look great on tv with no fans visible round the pitch, and only being two sided, but with it being close and the front row being high up, the view is excellent.

St Mirren secured a deal with Tesco. There was limited budget. Some of the proposals put forward by the developers included 2 or 3 sided stands. 

Our BoD stood firm and managed to get a 4 sided stadium that has been ideal for capacity. The only time it has come close to filling was the first game against Kilmarnock. The OF have come nowhere close as a lot of buds boycott those games.

I’d rather have what we have now than Falkirk or Accies (2/3 sided) or even Kilmarnock and St Johnstone which thousands of empty seats most weeks.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yeah Acies is decent as well, going up steps to sit in the stand, raising it higher up, always sit further back though as i never feel relaxed sitting in the firing line of a wayward shot at goals, esp when i've a cup of hot bovril in my hand.

Last time i was there we got put in the main stand beside the home fans. At St Mirren we've been in 3 different stands, but last few times i was there it has been behind the goal nearest to their ticket office.

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

St Mirren secured a deal with Tesco. There was limited budget. Some of the proposals put forward by the developers included 2 or 3 sided stands. 

Our BoD stood firm and managed to get a 4 sided stadium that has been ideal for capacity. The only time it has come close to filling was the first game against Kilmarnock. The OF have come nowhere close as a lot of buds boycott those games.

I’d rather have what we have now than Falkirk or Accies (2/3 sided) or even Kilmarnock and St Johnstone which thousands of empty seats most weeks.

Might be missing something here, but what's the relevance of seats being filled to the view from behind goals?