Your Seat

16 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I sit near Accies1874 behind the away dug out. Good place to hear the nonsense most managers come out with but missing Pressley for that - he comes out with some rubbish.

Generally a good bunch of guys and some good banter.

You prompted me to think of which away manager got the most abuse at Accies, Pressley is up there. Neil McCann? 

Then I remembered Martin Canning...

Been a season ticket holder since I was 18. My first full wage out of school went straight to my 1st ST. 

Moved to this section of the ground since 2010/11 and been here ever since. Albeit the view is better from higher up but I’ve always enjoyed seeing the game from the level the players and manager do, don’t ask me why.

I always remember my 1st game which was Celtic v Liverpool post Hillsborough where my idol Kenny Dalglish made a cameo, what a Liverpool team that was as well, and I’ve been hooked ever since 

A096DA39-8137-461D-874C-9E591BB2809C.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

I no longer have a season ticket at Celtic park as I work the majority of weekends. But I used to have a season ticket for the North stand upper tier then moved myself to the Jock Stein upper. I usually try and get my ticket for the same stand when I do go. Again I'm missing going to games so much. Watching on TV isn't the same. It's going to be a long time before we are back in any great numbers

20201222_152646.jpg

27 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

You prompted me to think of which away manager got the most abuse at Accies, Pressley is up there. Neil McCann? 

Then I remembered Martin Canning...

McInnes gets a fair bit too but he is decent at giving back as well - and rightly so.

On a similar type of thread a couple of years ago I made the point that I’ve never sat in our away stand, the Chadwick Stand.

With all seater stadiums and no option to swap ends I’m going to be one of an ever growing number of fans who’ve only been in 75% of their own teams stadium. 

Bit of a nomad at Easter Road. Think I've regularly sat in just about every stand. Started in the West Upper when I was taken along.

Current and preferred choice is the top of 43 though, despite never leaving the ground before 5pm. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan

On a similar type of thread a couple of years ago I made the point that I’ve never sat in our away stand, the Chadwick Stand.
With all seater stadiums and no option to swap ends I’m going to be one of an ever growing number of fans who’ve only been in 75% of their own teams stadium. 
I've only been in 33% of ours.

Get your jokes in now lads.

Initially sat in the South stand behind the goals.

Moved to the main stand behind the home dugout for about the last 10 years.

Side on view is absolutely superior, absolutely can’t stand the view away at St Mirren because you’ve no idea what’s happening at the other side. 

Picture of our 1-0 win over Rangers in our first season back up. Hilarious seeing all the Rangers fans that snuck into the home end holding back the tears 

5D09B4EA-A8AA-47F1-AFFF-C0598BEDB7D1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Sat in our away end for the Junior Cup final a few years back. Weirdly enough our development league games let fans in for free, but they just leave a back door open for everyone in the away stand. 

Sat in every stand but can’t ever get used to it, feels so weird 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

This isn't true, loads of people have bluffed on football forums.

Maybe in their own minds they think they have, but they haven't. Some try and front it out with more nonsense but everyone can see they were called out on any bullshit they've said, whether they want to admit it or not..

There are some very knowledgeable posters on here too, that keep everyone right when you make genuine mistakes.

I've got a season ticket but never sit in "my" seat. One year my ticket was right next to the press guys. Sat in it once.
Usually I sit towards the Sainsbury's end to get a better view of Accies second-half goals (not really, its cos it's a quicker exit).
My ST for past few years has been right next to the press/radio guys up back of the stand.

Only stand I've not been in at NDP is the Gazebo.
Sat in the North stand for the opening game back in 2001 & for Albion Rovers beating Motherwell in the Scottish Cup a few years back.

26 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Initially sat in the South stand behind the goals.

Moved to the main stand behind the home dugout for about the last 10 years.

Side on view is absolutely superior, absolutely can’t stand the view away at St Mirren because you’ve no idea what’s happening at the other side. 

Picture of our 1-0 win over Rangers in our first season back up. Hilarious seeing all the Rangers fans that snuck into the home end holding back the tears 

5D09B4EA-A8AA-47F1-AFFF-C0598BEDB7D1.jpeg

Yeah never understood folk that willingly choose to sit behind the goals when they can sit in one of the side stands. Only away ground i've been in that had a decent view from behind the goals was Tynecastle, because it's quite high up and steep, but it's still nowhere near as good as seeing the game from a pitch side view.

30 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Bit of a nomad at Easter Road. Think I've regularly sat in just about every stand. Started in the West Upper when I was taken along.

Current and preferred choice is the top of 43 though, despite never leaving the ground before 5pm. :lol:

Aye sitting anywhere in the middle of the east and you aren’t out until after 5. 

Section 41 for me. 

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe in their own minds they think they have, but they haven't. Some try and front it out with more nonsense but everyone can see they were called out on any bullshit they've said, whether they want to admit it or not..

There are some very knowledgeable posters on here too, that keep everyone right when you make genuine mistakes.

Was a poor attempt at a joke mate

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Aye sitting anywhere in the middle of the east and you aren’t out until after 5. 

Section 41 for me. 

I'm in the FF upper because of the East stand egress issues. It's not that I care about getting out fast (I live about 5 minutes walk from ER), it's just that I'd like to see the last ten minutes of the match without being constantly interrupted by folk nipping out early to avoid the rush.

50 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

My ST for past few years has been right next to the press/radio guys up back of the stand.

Only stand I've not been in at NDP is the Gazebo.
Sat in the North stand for the opening game back in 2001 & for Albion Rovers beating Motherwell in the Scottish Cup a few years back.

Same here. Been in the away stand a couple of times. 

Best thing about that is you're not looking at a big sign saying Spice of Life and subliminally craving  Rogan josh.

Been going to Fir Park since 1991 and for the majority of the time, I've sat in the East Stand (the one across from the tunnel for non-'Well fans), other than a few years in the Davie Cooper Stand in the mid to late 90s after it was built.

I have started, in recent years, to go into the Phil O'Donnell Stand for Cup games when a season ticket doesn't cover it. A better view of the game from there. Below is a picture from my last game at Fir Park, a 4-4 draw with St Mirren. 

20200218_194555.jpg

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Been a season ticket holder since I was 18. My first full wage out of school went straight to my 1st ST. 

Moved to this section of the ground since 2010/11 and been here ever since. Albeit the view is better from higher up but I’ve always enjoyed seeing the game from the level the players and manager do, don’t ask me why.

I always remember my 1st game which was Celtic v Liverpool post Hillsborough where my idol Kenny Dalglish made a cameo, what a Liverpool team that was as well, and I’ve been hooked ever since 

A096DA39-8137-461D-874C-9E591BB2809C.jpeg

Do you have to colour coordinate with the folk round about you in that section?