Potential Future Players

Craigieboy86

Players who could have a bright future imo. Dylan Tait, Kieron Bowie, Nathan Patterson, James Maxwell, Ethan Erhahon, Aaron Hickey, Barry Hepburn, Liam Morrison, Billy Gilmour, Siriki Dembele, Leon King, Roddy MacGregor, Josh Reid, Kyle Magennis, Lewis Morgan (dont write him off just yet) has done class in the US, Jack Hendry who has also shone in Belgium, Ryan Mullen, Robby McCrorie

Tautologies thread for this pish.

Seriously though I was wondering whatever happened to Mikie Johnstone at Celtic. Did he regress, get injured or did he and Lenny have a falling out?

Dapo Mebude at Rangers seems to have potential too.

5 hours ago, football maniac said:

Players who could have a bright future imo. Dylan Tait, Kieron Bowie, Nathan Patterson, James Maxwell, Ethan Erhahon, Aaron Hickey, Barry Hepburn, Liam Morrison, Billy Gilmour, Siriki Dembele, Leon King, Roddy MacGregor, Josh Reid, Kyle Magennis, Lewis Morgan (dont write him off just yet) has done class in the US, Jack Hendry who has also shone in Belgium, Ryan Mullen, Robby McCrorie

I never would write anyone off really but some of that is name oot a hat stuff. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I never would write anyone off really but some of that is name oot a hat stuff. 

Aye, a bit. A combination of players who might be amongst the most famous youth players in the world (Gilmour) and absolute jobbers like Siriki Dembele who is 24 and plays in League 1 in England.

Also, here is a list of names isn’t terribly insightful. Maybe name, age, club and a bit about why they might be worth keeping an eye on (performances for Scotland youth teams, EPL2, Bayern U19s or whatever) would be more useful. Otherwise this will just be another shite thread full of arguments about Harry bloody Soutar.

On 22/12/2020 at 17:39, albagubrath said:

Aye, a bit. A combination of players who might be amongst the most famous youth players in the world (Gilmour) and absolute jobbers like Siriki Dembele who is 24 and plays in League 1 in England.

Also, here is a list of names isn’t terribly insightful. Maybe name, age, club and a bit about why they might be worth keeping an eye on (performances for Scotland youth teams, EPL2, Bayern U19s or whatever) would be more useful. Otherwise this will just be another shite thread full of arguments about Harry bloody Soutar.

In fairness to Dembele he's probably the best player in league 1, would expect him to be playing for a top championship side next year. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

In fairness to Dembele he's probably the best player in league 1, would expect him to be playing for a top championship side next year. 

*Hot take alert*

He won't be nearly good enough for Scotland at any point, and would struggle like f**k in a top Championship side. Fine playing as the main man, yet still allowed poor games, in the 3rd tier. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

*Hot take alert*

He won't be nearly good enough for Scotland at any point, and would struggle like f**k in a top Championship side. Fine playing as the main man, yet still allowed poor games, in the 3rd tier. 

Do you watch his games? Either of you? Genuinely curious.

I've not got a clue if he's any good or not. The thought of seeking out and watching a few Peterborough games doesn't appeal to me at all.

He gets some good reviews down there tho.

*Hot take alert*

In today’s Daily Record that Rangers are set to make a January move

On 22/12/2020 at 17:39, albagubrath said:

Jobbers like Siriki Dembele! Wow. He has been an absolute standout for Peterborough to the extent he has been linked with big money moves to the EPL and Rangers. He has an elegance on the ball combined with pace and an end product. 

22 hours ago, football maniac said:

Jobbers like Siriki Dembele! Wow. He has been an absolute standout for Peterborough to the extent he has been linked with big money moves to the EPL and Rangers. He has an elegance on the ball combined with pace and an end product. 

Maybe you will be right and he will push up the leagues like Jamie Vardy did and end up an absolute worldy, but I personally doubt it. If he goes to Rangers and breaks into their team then he’ll probably be capped, I very much doubt he’ll go to the EPL though, and if he does I’d be very surprised if he is at all successful.

League 1 is an absolutely awful standard, genuinely terrible; sure they have loads of cash but almost every player there is the definition of a jobber. Low quality and definitely not to the standard of the actually pretty good footballers who now make up our first team. If he was a central defender I’d maybe have more hope for him making it, but outside of that position all of our first team players are playing at a significantly higher standard.

Given this thread is title ‘potential future players’ I’m more than happy to stand by my opinion that he won’t ever be one, certainly not one of any note.

On 24/12/2020 at 23:02, BingMcCrosby said:

Do you watch his games? Either of you? Genuinely curious.

I've not got a clue if he's any good or not. The thought of seeking out and watching a few Peterborough games doesn't appeal to me at all.

He gets some good reviews down there tho.

I've watched him.

He would be an awful signing for Rangers and I suspect that particular rumour is his agents work.

He has no outstanding ability other than dribbing, and he looks good at that due to the sheer amount of times he tries it.