Motherwell v Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Wonder why McGinn is never quoted to replace either Watkins or Wright? He has been a pivotal player, pretty much first choice during his time with us, guess he must be past it

Yeah I think it’s telling we didn’t even bother with him tonight. Feels like mcinnes doesn’t trust him anymore. 

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did Hayes not used to be a winger?  I was expecting to be attacked down the flanks 

Yes, but mostly deplayed as LWB at the moment. He was making good runs and finding space tonight, but his use of the ball was unusually poor. Had me tearing my hair out tbh.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Probably because your equally rotten strikers were parked back on your 18 yard box for 86 mins. 

Our equally rotten strikers were in the 18 yard box to help keep your equally rotten strikers from scoring.

Both sets of equally rotten strikers looked as if they couldnae hit a coos arse wi a banjo.

On Motherwell, I was disappointed.

they had key moments go in their favour at pittodrie early on but even still I thought they looked a good side that were turning a corner that day. 

not so much tonight. They did look like they were happy with a draw from fairly early on. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

they had key moments go in their favour at pittodrie early on but even still I thought they looked a good side that were turning a corner that day. 

not so much tonight. They did look like they were happy with a draw from fairly early on. 

Hello 

We have been a sh1t load more disappointed than you.

Not sure what Aberdeen fans are missing here. We are gash. We have been gash for the past 2 months. It is a red neck that you could not beat us. But hardly surprising given history these last few years. 

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is probably fair but without getting pissy about it we've been on a run of 4 losses from 5 in the league (5 from 6 in all competitions). That run has largely been a result of playing the current top 3 but also coughing up really, really cheap goals so this is Robinson entirely in damage limitation mode where we grind out points and try to get to the window opening so he can fix things.

If you'd offered us a 0-0 before the game then we'd absolutely have taken it. No apologies made for that.

Fwiw, after the 3-0 at Pittodrie we went on a bit of a run, not immediately as we went out the Europa and were then scudded by Rangers but after that we won 4-0 against County and 2-0 against Livi and things were looking peachy (that was after a month having not played a game either).

We've kind of been fucked a bit by injuries. Much like yourselves we had players out as a result of the Scotland u21s shitshow and losing Carson has obviously been a miss. It's also meant we've been giving players who are supposed to be in the squad to offer depth and them generally falling on their arses.

Edited by capt_oats

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is probably fair but without getting pissy about it we've been on a run of 4 losses from 5 in the league (5 from 6 in all competitions). That run has largely been a result of playing the current top 3 but also coughing up really, really cheap goals so this is Robinson entirely in damage limitation mode where we grind out points and try to get to the window opening so he can fix things.

If you'd offered us a 0-0 before the game then we'd absolutely have taken it. No apologies made for that.

Fwiw, after the 3-0 at Pittodrie we went on a bit of a run, not immediately we went out the Europa and were then scudded by Rangers but after that we won 4-0 against County and 2-0 against Livi and things were looking peachy (that was after a month having not played a game either).

We've kind of been fucked a bit by injuries. Much like yourselves we had players out as a result of the Scotland u21s shitshow and losing Carson has obviously been a miss. It's also meant we've been giving players who are supposed to be in the squad to offer depth and them generally falling on their arses.

You just summed up what we've talking about for the last 5 pages. 

Motherwell set up not to lose.

Job done, close the thread. 

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fwiw, after the 3-0 at Pittodrie we went on a bit of a run, not immediately we went out the Europa and were then scudded by Rangers but after that we won 4-0 against County and 2-0 against Livi and things were looking peachy (that was after a month having not played a game either).

All I want for Xmas is for the Capt to lose his sh1t. Would be quite refreshing. I mean we support Motherwell FC. 

That means fellow fans take the p1ss. And we have to watch dirge a lot of the time. 

I myself get that. I bite more than I should but...i find it quite cathartic.

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'm not sure I'm on board with the Aberdeen fans saying they deserved to win that. I don't remember either keeper making a save. 

Aye, this. Aberdeen had plenty of the ball and they kept us at bay very easily, but I don't think big Archer had a proper save to make. 

If the latest version of Motherwell is to be difficult to beat to start with, I'm alright with that. A good place to start and if we can get a striker in during January, along with the returns of Carson, Carroll and Donnelly, we'll be alright. 

2 hours ago, ropy said:

The stats don’t look particularly good for either team.  Was it Polworth’s shot near the end or O’Hara’s first half free kick that counts as our shot on target, or something else?

I'd imagine it was O'Hara's free-kick/passback in the first half. 

Would have been happy with a point before kick off for sure, with the way we have been going lately, but by fcuk that was another dismal watch. 

Don't know if Aberdeen got dragged down a bit by the way we approached it. I expected them to go at us from the off given our recent performances and results, but it was two absolutely dismal teams on view tonight. Very few chances created at either end and hardly two passes strung together, let alone any notable passages of play to remember.  Neither keeper will have an easier night between now and the end of the season. 

I tend to agree with previous posts that Robinson is in damage limitation mode until the window opens, when we can hopefully get a couple of bodies in to freshen things up, and our injured players can return to hopefully help turn things around. 

We desperately need something to change, as we have neither confidence at the back, or guile and creativity from middle to front. The whole thing is flat without any energy or spark. 

The midfield has grafters, and up front Watt and Lang do a power of running, but there's just no cohesion or end product, no midfield maestro to pull the strings, or poacher up top who will simply be in the right place at the right time. 

At the moment we have a guy who can't get a game for Livi in midfield feeding, amongst others, a guy of 27 that's never played above Championship level before, and a torn faced, disinterested Scouser. Whereas in the relatively recent past we've had the likes of Law, Humphrey, Murphy, Ainsworth, or DT feeding guys like Sutton, Higdon, Ojamma, Mcdonald and Moult. 

I know these are unprecedented times and our limited budget has been squeezed ever further, but even when those players mentioned plied their trade with us we still felt like the wee team. In comparison to what we have now, they seem like the fucking galactico's. Oh how I yearn for those days, when we had players who were confident to at least go out against any team in the league and compete. 

Something has to give , as what we have at the moment simply isn't working, nor is it a squad capable of making any great turnaround without a few major changes. 

Big January ahead for Robinson and the club. 

One of the club sponsors ran a Twitter competition for this game. "Retweet and you can win a free stream of the game, a signed Well shirt and a bottle of Glen's Vodka". 
I found out yesterday that I won the competition. Sadly, I won't get the vodka until early next year which is a massive disappointment as I'll now need to spend my own money drowning myself in booze to get through the 90 minutes. 
It won't be 0-0, let's put it that way. 
Hmm... TBF, I don't think any of us saw a 0-0 coming either but I could have been doing with a bottle of vodka to get me through that.