Motherwell v Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I can actually see Campbell playing for a team like Aberdeen or Hibs although I don't think it'll be his next move.

As much as he's a key player for us there's still a bit of a debate as to how good he actually is or whether it's a case of him just being very good at what he does (which is running non-stop and tackling everything that moves).

Technically he's nowhere near the level of Turnbull, for example, and there's still a bit of doubt for me as to how far he can go. I'd obviously love to see him doing well but I think some of our fans see him as being the next John McGinn. I think he'll have a good career and will definitely try his luck in England at some point but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Aberdeen in the way that the likes of Dylan Mcgeouch has for example.

I think he's good enough to carve out a decent career down the road although I could never see him getting to the Premiership. He's definitely good enough to give the Championship a go though.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

According to the table on the BBC site, you've scored 22.

3 less than us.

The point still stands though. Can't see this being 5-6 or anywhere near it. 

I was discounting Neil Doncaster's consecutive hat-tricks tbh. You're welcome to count them, but I think he's out on Wednesday.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Let's not forget we rocked up to Fir Park that night back in October 1999 with a league record that showed we had taken one point from a possible twenty seven, scoring three goals ( two of them coming in the same game a 2-2 draw with Hibs) and conceding twenty nine in the process, so I guess anything is possible. 😉

As long as I live, I don't think I'll ever attend another game quite like that one.

I've no doubt that Well fans would say that the 6-6 against Hibs....with Motherwell missing a penalty.....would take the biscuit. 

I don't have a dog in that fight but the last minute equalising goal is something that still needs to be applauded every time that it's replayed.

On 21/12/2020 at 12:58, Swello said:

Routine Aberdeen win would be my guess here - we've got the stellar combination of not scoring many and conceding soft goals in every game to contend with, so not sure where a result is coming from. 

I thought you got two 3-0 wins the other week?

16 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Could you see you guys selling Campbell now and getting three or four decent players in?

Not at all.

I can however, see us selling him now and getting 7 pish ones.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought you got two 3-0 wins the other week?

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hardly surprising, all those 3-0s.

Quite enjoyed posts like these giving Motherwell stick for having the temerity to have their games cancelled.

One of the club sponsors ran a Twitter competition for this game. "Retweet and you can win a free stream of the game, a signed Well shirt and a bottle of Glen's Vodka". 

I found out yesterday that I won the competition. Sadly, I won't get the vodka until early next year which is a massive disappointment as I'll now need to spend my own money drowning myself in booze to get through the 90 minutes. 

It won't be 0-0, let's put it that way. 

I think this will be 3-0, just don't know which way but neither would surprise me.

Either we turn in another abject performance and Aberdeen put us to the sword, with Joe Lewis producing a wonder save, perhaps from a penalty.....Or we get one of our trademark 3-0 wins in this fixture to take the heat off Robinson. Probably with at least two own goals and Joe Lewis to have a nightmare.

Edited by MJC