Motherwell v Aberdeen

Chuckling at the Motherwell boyois trying to kid on that their team has no chance.
Chuckle. 

Correct, we’ve only won 6 league games all year and 2 of them were against Aberdeen [emoji41]

I’ll go for 1-0. Lewis OG.

8 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Difficult to see us getting a result here. We look likely to limp through til January where (hopefully) we'll do some decent business ahead of the second half of the season.

2-0 Aberdeen.

Could you see you guys selling Campbell now and getting three or four decent players in?

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's an even 50/50 win rate between them.

12 games played both managers have won 6 each.

1335094248_ScreenShot2020-12-21at19_03_02.png.62d09b377d139930cab424de3c1aeba9.png

Draw it is.

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could you see you guys selling Campbell now and getting three or four decent players in?

If another club comes in and meets our valuation then we won't stand in his way, that's pretty much our business model.

Anyone who thinks we're not actively trying to sell him is being pretty naive.

It's really a question of whether a club will pay us what we want for him. If not we'll keep hold of him and take the development fee in the summer.

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If another club comes in and meets our valuation then we won't stand in his way, that's pretty much our business model.

Anyone who thinks we're not actively trying to sell him is being pretty naive.

It's really a question of whether a club will pay us what we want for him. If not we'll keep hold of him and take the development fee in the summer.

I'd imagine that there's only two who can meet your valuation in this country. Unless our offer is spread over several years and he's wanting out the door.

I would take a draw in this one. Just to stop the rot. 

The problem is that Aberdeen strengthened the during the summer and it transpires we did the opposite. 

The 3-0 away win earlier was an aberration. What with the news McKenna was being sold allied to some awful defensive errors. 

On paper our 1st 11 looks strong but there is at least one or two weak links and when we get to the subs bench there are several more weak links. What that means is that when we play the top 4 that will be exploited. I actually think we have been unlucky in a number of our narrow losses Thais season, but after a while you start to question whether it is unlucky or actually we are simply not that good. 

I am praying that Mugabi returns to the bench. I only saw the highlights of the Rangers game but his contribution for the 1st and 3rd goals was Mugabi of old. A bomb waiting to go off. 

With a bit of luck and a decent referee we may get something but I am fairly certain the Well fans will be lamenting giving away soft goals caused by basic defending errors once again. We also need to get that 1st goal otherwise it will be an even longer night. 

Posting that sequence of H2H results earlier it kind of feels like both managers react to counter the previous game.

The best example being the thorough bodying we gave Aberdeen in the LC quarter final that was then followed up the next game by McInnes going all out to shitfest his way to a 1-0 win by chucking McKenna into the team.

Aberdeen to win this at a canter btw but genuinely no idea what the f**k Robinson does for this one - given he's been talking publicly about our wingers being out form I can't see a 433 making an appearance any time soon so I've a feeling he'll stick with a 352 with Lang and Watt up front.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Imo they're the two most "interesting" managers in the league, tactically. They both definitely like to think of themselves as strategists anyway.

You’re forgetting Yogi is back. The thinking man’s manager. 

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Another 6-5 in honour of the late Ebbe?

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

We've scored 16 this season, so the idea of us knocking in 5 against anyone is a good carry on.

Let's not forget we rocked up to Fir Park that night back in October 1999 with a league record that showed we had taken one point from a possible twenty seven, scoring three goals ( two of them coming in the same game a 2-2 draw with Hibs) and conceding twenty nine in the process, so I guess anything is possible. 😉

As long as I live, I don't think I'll ever attend another game quite like that one.

3 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Let's not forget we rocked up to Fir Park that night back in October 1999 with a league record that showed we had taken one point from a possible twenty seven, scoring three goals ( two of them coming in the same game a 2-2 draw with Hibs) and conceding twenty nine in the process, so I guess anything is possible. 😉

As long as I live, I don't think I'll ever attend another game quite like that one.

I wasn't there, but the Herald the next day "Motherwell 5 - Surely a win, Aberdeen 6 - Surely a miracle" is burned into my consciousness. 

I'd imagine that there's only two who can meet your valuation in this country. Unless our offer is spread over several years and he's wanting out the door.
I can actually see Campbell playing for a team like Aberdeen or Hibs although I don't think it'll be his next move.

As much as he's a key player for us there's still a bit of a debate as to how good he actually is or whether it's a case of him just being very good at what he does (which is running non-stop and tackling everything that moves).

Technically he's nowhere near the level of Turnbull, for example, and there's still a bit of doubt for me as to how far he can go. I'd obviously love to see him doing well but I think some of our fans see him as being the next John McGinn. I think he'll have a good career and will definitely try his luck in England at some point but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Aberdeen in the way that the likes of Dylan Mcgeouch has for example.

6 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

You’re forgetting Yogi is back. The thinking man’s manager. 

McGhee's weird reverence for Hughes was something else.

To the point where he was completely changing our set up to try and counter ICT and their next level tactical genius.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

We've scored 16 this season, so the idea of us knocking in 5 against anyone is a good carry on.

According to the table on the BBC site, you've scored 22.

3 less than us.

The point still stands though. Can't see this being 5-6 or anywhere near it.