Dumbarton vs East Fife

Game off.

I watched the inspection on Pixellot and got my hopes up because the pitch looked decent and the ball rolled. But apparently a mixture of surface water, the wind and the forecast made the ref's mind up.

On a personal level that's now three games I've got full sets of notes for that haven't happened. And I'm fed up with it. Can't see us playing very often this winter given the weather usually gets worse in January/February.

Three games called off this season already. @Dumbarton Rock how many did we have called off in your time with us?

1 minute ago, sarti pooh said:

Morton is off today as well so don't start jumping to conclusions that this is a Dumbarton only problem here.

I’ve nae idea what the weather has been like in Greenock and I don’t doubt for a second this is a genuine call off but I’m shocked it is off as the weather here has actually been nice all week, nevermind just dry. I went to bed steamin at 4am this morning and it was still dry.

Our record for call offs this season has been poor, I think folk are quite right to have a grumble about it. 

Game off.
I watched the inspection on Pixellot and got my hopes up because the pitch looked decent and the ball rolled. But apparently a mixture of surface water, the wind and the forecast made the ref's mind up.
On a personal level that's now three games I've got full sets of notes for that haven't happened. And I'm fed up with it. Can't see us playing very often this winter given the weather usually gets worse in January/February.
Three games called off this season already. [mention=59039]Dumbarton Rock[/mention] how many did we have called off in your time with us?
I'm staying out of it this time m8. Disgruntled ex employee and all that.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve nae idea what the weather has been like in Greenock and I don’t doubt for a second this is a genuine call off but I’m shocked it is off as the weather here has actually been nice all week, nevermind just dry. I went to bed steamin at 4am this morning and it was still dry.

Our record for call offs this season has been poor, I think folk are quite right to have a grumble about it. 

Aye folk can grumble. Totally agree.

I just thought for perspective to raise the point Morton's full time ground staff couldn't get their pitch playable and we'll have same weather as them.

1 minute ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Heavy rain and 50mph south westerly winds (ie blowing right up the park. Correct decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650802

I’m seconds away from the stadium and I can confirm the wind isn’t even half as bad as that shitey BBC forecast, which is pretty much wildly inaccurate on a daily basis. Other outlets reporting the wind in the mid 20s, and even that seems a bit of a stetch. 

There’s also only been 2 games played on that pitch in 2 months.

Not good enough IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m seconds away from the stadium and I can confirm the wind isn’t even half as bad as that shitey BBC forecast, which is pretty much wildly inaccurate on a daily basis. Other outlets reporting the wind in the mid 20s, and even that seems a bit of a stetch. 

There’s also only been 2 games played on that pitch in 2 months.

Not good enough IMHO.

I can't take issue as I'm not in Dumbarton. The rain is coming down in sheets and it's blowing a hoolie in Helensburgh. A yellow weather warning has just been issued

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-12-26

Cape Wrath and Helensburgh mentioned in this report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55448968

Pitch probably is playable, but both BBC & Met office have 45+ winds forecast for later it would be a farce. I remember a few years back at Christmas/ New year when you guys had Agnew (& I think you won promotion that year), I'd booked for hospitallity with my auld man at Bayview. Weather was fine for time of year, someone came into the bar after our meal to say game was off, thought it was a joke, but forecast of high winds was reason that day as well, despite pitch looking good. Anyway, a repeat of the 4-1 away win when it was eventually played (if my mind serves me correctly) would do me just fine.