Dumbarton vs East Fife

What was Dumbarton’s reason for turning down the request for the game to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday past, the same as Montrose v Peterhead???
Was it a match stream subscriber issue???

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

What was Dumbarton’s reason for turning down the request for the game to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday past, the same as Montrose v Peterhead???
Was it a match stream subscriber issue???

I don't understand. East Fife requested to play the game on the 22nd or 23rd instead of yesterday? 

I don't understand. East Fife requested to play the game on the 22nd or 23rd instead of yesterday? 

Yes, they did and the request was rejected by the Dumbarton Board!!!

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Yes, they did and the request was rejected by the Dumbarton Board!!!

I believe we wanted to make it 1pm on Boxing Day, EF wanted it on a week night. So it defaulted back to 3pm.

I don't really see the issue tbh. Boxing Day games seemed to be fine for every other lower league club - barring Montrose and Peterhead. And you'd expect more people to tune in on a Saturday afternoon than a Tuesday night. 

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’d imagine so everyone could enjoy their Turkey and shandies.

Its mad how some consider a piss up a good enough reason to shift a game. I'm not surprised we've said no to a move, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we'd get more fans watching, it's just backfired a bit with the weather, a bit like our delayed vertidraining of the pitch earlier in the season. 

I believe we wanted to make it 1pm on Boxing Day, EF wanted it on a week night. So it defaulted back to 3pm.
I don't really see the issue tbh. Boxing Day games seemed to be fine for every other lower league club - barring Montrose and Peterhead. And you'd expect more people to tune in on a Saturday afternoon than a Tuesday night. 

I’m not bringing it up as an issue, Dumbarton we’re within their rights to refuse any request, I was just wondering what the rationale was behind it, do you reckon there would have been more subscribers yesterday as opposed to a midweek night???
It was probably just the puss-ache of travelling to Dumbarton on Boxing Day itself that initiated the request, it’s hardly going to Stranraer or Peterhead but you still are literally going from on the East Coast to on the West Coast with this fixture, but other Clubs did have further I think, Dundee to Dumfries, Ayr to Edinburgh for two, but if you don’t ask you don’t get I suppose!!!

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I’m not bringing it up as an issue, Dumbarton we’re within their rights to refuse any request, I was just wondering what the rationale was behind it, do you reckon there would have been more subscribers yesterday as opposed to a midweek night???
It was probably just the puss-ache of travelling to Dumbarton on Boxing Day itself that initiated the request, it’s hardly going to Stranraer or Peterhead but you still are literally going from on the East Coast to on the West Coast with this fixture, but other Clubs did have further I think, Dundee to Dumfries, Ayr to Edinburgh for two, but if you don’t ask you don’t get I suppose!!!

I reckon there would've been a bigger uptake yesterday than a midweek, yeah. Most fans would've been off yesterday - whereas if we play it on a Tuesday night in January sometime then you'll have fans who'll forget it's on and folk out at work. Yesterday was made for sitting in the house watching some lower league football.

How many EF players actually live in and around Leven anyway? Granted we aren't near Edinburgh, but it's still an easy enough journey - especially with the traffic being quiet. 

33 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Could the game have been rescheduled for today? Bank holiday in Scotland before folk go back to work tomorrow so likely to be plenty of people looking for something to do.

I've heard that some of lower league commentators have a deadline on a Monday afternoon in their proper job and would be struggling with the multitasking.

I've heard that some of lower league commentators have a deadline on a Monday afternoon in their proper job and would be struggling with the multitasking.

Chewing gum and walking would appear to be an issue right enough when you hear the state of some of them!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Chewing gum and walking would appear to be an issue right enough when you hear the state of some of them!!!

Just for clarity are we on about journalists or commentators here? 

Walking on black ice has proved an issue for me today right enough. 

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Could the game have been rescheduled for today? Bank holiday in Scotland before folk go back to work tomorrow so likely to be plenty of people looking for something to do.

I’d imagine not every player would be available to play today, especially guys who work for companies like C&G who most likely still work on bank holidays.