Dumbarton vs East Fife

We'll be lucky to score 4 goals in the rest of the season, let alone in one game!

After being East Fife's bogey team for so long, it seems the tables have turned; a quick look on the sons archive tells me we've lost the last 3 and haven't won in 4. This is also a fixture that usually produces a lot of goals, and with our record this season I can only assume they will all go our way...

Who knows which East Fife team will turn up. We have the best home record in the league but the worst away record and can’t get any sort of run going. Dumbarton have only scored 1 goal in 5 games and I think I’m right in thinking that was from a free kick that Wedderburn headed in. Dumbarton have caused us problems before at set pieces and we are notorious at giving away soft goals and when guys like McGeever are around we have to be wary.

This is a good chance for us to pull away from Forfar at the bottom and start to look up the table again.

5 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Who knows which East Fife team will turn up. We have the best home record in the league but the worst away record and can’t get any sort of run going. Dumbarton have only scored 1 goal in 5 games and I think I’m right in thinking that was from a free kick that Wedderburn headed in. Dumbarton have caused us problems before at set pieces and we are notorious at giving away soft goals and when guys like McGeever are around we have to be wary.

This is a good chance for us to pull away from Forfar at the bottom and start to look up the table again.

You guys will finish above us. I'm extremely confident of that. Our one goal was from a set piece, but Ross Forbes' delivery has been awful 90% of the time this season - so I don't think we're due another goal from one until February.

Hopefully a repeat of the only time the clubs have played each other on Boxing day even though it's unrealistic to expect that. http://sonsarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=3526
Discuss.
I remember it well; it was a right dreich day but we turned in an uncharacteristically decent performance especially when attacking the Silverton End in the second half. By that time in the winter Wee Dick was spreading the Boghead pitch as opposed to rolling it.

Its a tough choice on Saturday. Dumbarton v East Fife is either going to see a reaction from the team and a much better performance or it's going to be brutal. The alternatives are the horse racing on ITV and/or finding a stream for Mannheim v Straubing in the DEL german ice hockey league. I can't expect us to win, but I really don't want to watch us play horrible football and end up being absolutely hammered. There's no enjoyment in that. 

I'm starting to get the feeling that this season is going to be a write off. Club have my money and I'm glad that they do, but if things don't improve on the park then I think we can pretty much guarantee a relegation fight and I'm not convinced that we'd stay up even if we finished 9th. There's just no enjoyment in watching us struggle so badly.

23 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
On 21/12/2020 at 11:24, microdave said:
Hopefully a repeat of the only time the clubs have played each other on Boxing day even though it's unrealistic to expect that. http://sonsarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=3526
Discuss.

I remember it well; it was a right dreich day but we turned in an uncharacteristically decent performance especially when attacking the Silverton End in the second half. By that time in the winter Wee Dick was spreading the Boghead pitch as opposed to rolling it.

Wait - uncharacteristic? Did that team not win promotion that season? 

13 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its a tough choice on Saturday. Dumbarton v East Fife is either going to see a reaction from the team and a much better performance or it's going to be brutal. The alternatives are the horse racing on ITV and/or finding a stream for Mannheim v Straubing in the DEL german ice hockey league. I can't expect us to win, but I really don't want to watch us play horrible football and end up being absolutely hammered. There's no enjoyment in that. 

I'm starting to get the feeling that this season is going to be a write off. Club have my money and I'm glad that they do, but if things don't improve on the park then I think we can pretty much guarantee a relegation fight and I'm not convinced that we'd stay up even if we finished 9th. There's just no enjoyment in watching us struggle so badly.

Often when you expect the least with Dumbarton Football Club, they find a way of surprising you.