Peterhead V Montrose

Better start a post on this one as it has been brought forward from Boxing Day.

Big game for both teams. Montrose can get to within a point of the top of the table with a win. Peterhead would get to within a point of Montrose with a win.

Both teams have had a couple of great results recently and I can see a very close game. Recent games between the teams at Links Park have been high scoring affairs where as at Balmoor they've been close low scoring matches.

Hopefully the Mo can nick this one with Big Rusty bagging the winner against his former employers.

On 21/12/2020 at 10:33, PortyMo said:

Recent games between the teams at Links Park have been high scoring affairs where as at Balmoor they've been close low scoring matches.

Hopefully the Mo can nick this one with Big Rusty bagging the winner against his former employers.

The plastic pitch appears to contribute to the amount of goals in the Links Park games. Rusty will be the big danger. He seems to be playing with confidence again.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

how is the weather up in Peterhead?

Dry and sunny. Cold but very little wind. Temperature will drop later on but should stay above freezing.

Probably as good conditions as you could expect for this time of year.

7 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Keaton once said "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God and the only thing that scares me is Russell McLean.

Scored a peach against us. I'll be watching this one tonight as a neutral. Should be a good contest between two sides in a bit of form

Edited by CoveRangers1922

The game of two halves, did fine in the first half but looked tired in the second. When Layne ran out of steam the ball was not staying out of our half, coming back from injury i suppose it was to be expected. Could not see exactly what happened for the Montrose pen, presume Jason was using his hands again he really must learn to keep them down in the box. Was happy enough with the point the way the 2nd half went.

Only watched the second half but wondered about whether the weather or the fact that Balmoor is a grass pitch was a factor in so many balls going astray, particularly from Dillon but others too: so many passes and set pieces overhit.

Reasonably happy with a point though: exchange of Christmas presents and avoided the need for both teams to get up early on the 26th. 

Not so good for me this morning though... take a bit of comfort that I feel less grotty than I would have done had they lost!

Edited by Brummo
D to the S

6 hours ago, Brummo said:

Only watched the second half but wondered about whether the weather or the fact that Balmoor is a grass pitch was a factor in so many balls going astray, particularly from Dillon but others too: so many passes and set pieces overhit.

Reasonably happy with a point though: exchange of Christmas presents and avoided the need for both teams to get up early on the 26th. 

Not so good for me this morning though... take a bit of comfort that I feel less grotty than I would have done had they lost!

There was little or no wind. That may explain the overhit passes. Usually a slight breeze at Balmoor( or as the southern softies call it , a gale).

And we cant expect the average footballer to adapt too quickly...........

I'd forgive Sean Dillon all day for the overhits after he cleared Peterhead's attempt off the line!

Enjoyed the streaming and being able to see the numbers and the players much better, i sometimes think the camera at Links Park is in bloody India Lane!