The Yogi Hughes Ross County Appreciation Thread

On 30/12/2020 at 21:45, MS RR said:

Where are all the Yogi haters tonight? 😆 This man is a fantastic manager who actually gets teams to play eye-catching football. He was outstanding at Falkirk and Inverness. He was unfortunate at Hibs and a lot of their fans certainly regret losing him. 

The only club you can point to and say he failed at was Raith. I mean they're a wee team with no resources and had a rotten squad. Who actually cares if Raith fans call a manager shi#te, it's a tiny club. Every where else he has done well. 

Failed at us, had us playing horrendous football and jumped ship before his reputation was shot. Sorry Raith fans.

Also not sure he did well/lasted long at Hartlepool either...

10 hours ago, MS RR said:

You must regret making this thread more and more, you really don't have a clue haha

:lol:

You think? You keep bumping this thread whenever he wins yet you are strangely silent when he loses, seems like you enjoy cherry picking.

I've got a feeling you keep a video of big yogi running around the pitch naked and play it at night when you're lonely. :wub:

8 hours ago, Ric said:

:lol:

You think? You keep bumping this thread whenever he wins yet you are strangely silent when he loses, seems like you enjoy cherry picking.

I've got a feeling you keep a video of big yogi running around the pitch naked and play it at night when you're lonely. :wub:

Haha whatever you say, it doesn't take away from how idiotic you look now for creating this thread 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Haha whatever you say, it doesn't take away from how idiotic you look now for creating this thread 

I know, it's crazy right? It's not like Hughes is still mired in the relegation zone having played 2 more games than the team below them and with a worse goal difference.

Oh, wait...

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I know, it's crazy right? It's not like Hughes is still mired in the relegation zone having played 2 more games than the team below them and with a worse goal difference.

Oh, wait...

I think you're forgetting he took over with County bottom of the league, he's got them into 11th and 4 points ahead of bottom. I doubt Hamilton will win both those games in hand, but if you're stupid enough to create this thread you're stupid enough to believe Accies will take 6 points from 6 haha. County are consistently picking up points with Yogi which you've very evidently not noticed. 

4 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I think you're forgetting he took over with County bottom of the league, he's got them into 11th and 4 points ahead of bottom. I doubt Hamilton will win both those games in hand, but if you're stupid enough to create this thread you're stupid enough to believe Accies will take 6 points from 6 haha. County are consistently picking up points with Yogi which you've very evidently not noticed. 

No, you are right, you've shown me up here. Hughes has got his team off the bottom by playing more games than the opposition. I've been done up like a kipper here, right enough.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

No, you are right, you've shown me up here. Hughes has got his team off the bottom by playing more games than the opposition. I've been done up like a kipper here, right enough.

That's a ridiculous way to look at it haha. If you look at County's form guide from before Yogi was there and compare that to the period that Yogi has been in charge, you'll notice a stark difference in points gained per game. County may well have played more games than other teams in the bottom end, but when you're in a relegation battle the chances are that teams around the bottom places will not collect many points, if any, with their games in hand.  

Hmm, by my reckoning the OP's fortunes during the course of this thread are in inverse proportion to the much maligned but most successful manager in the history of highland football. He deserves that accolade given his delivery of an Inverness Scottish Cup win and European adventure.

Since the return of JH...

Played, points

Ross County 9, 10

St Johnstone 9,  10

Motherwell 9,  9

Dundee Utd 9,  8

Kilmarnock 9,  6

Hamilton 8,  5

Oh dear.

It rather looks like the numbers aren't stacking up for the naysayers.

25 minutes ago, sophia said:

Hmm, by my reckoning the OP's fortunes during the course of this thread are in inverse proportion to the much maligned but most successful manager in the history of highland football. He deserves that accolade given his delivery of an Inverness Scottish Cup win and European adventure.

Since the return of JH...

Played, points

Ross County 9, 10

St Johnstone 9,  10

Motherwell 9,  9

Dundee Utd 9,  8

Kilmarnock 9,  6

Hamilton 8,  5

Oh dear.

It rather looks like the numbers aren't stacking up for the naysayers.

Livi 9, 21

I'm a naysayer too.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Again, still in the relegation zone having played more games.

You really aren't catching on are you? Since he's been there, County have picked up more points than all their relegation rivals over the last 9 games. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? 

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

Again, still in the relegation zone having played more games.

You're at it and you know it.

During the time period that spans the return of the triumphant J Hughes to the highlands, his new team has played one more game than only one team and they are four points behind.

News just in....

It appears the the bold streaker claims that his employer "have" an indoor training ground that they have been using on a daily basis.

This will be the community facility that ICT haven't been able to book. 

J Hughes has crossed a bridge too far and he's in danger of exhausting my goodwill.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sophia said:

A very good evening to you.

Would you appreciate the opportunity to reconsider what some might say is a foolhardy proposition of placing your reputation in inverse proportion to that of the much maligned J Hughes?

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

p@Rick. :lol:

Jinkies, talk about fair weather posting. Not a fucking peep from either of you when things are going badly for Hughes. Celtic play a shocker and you're all over this thread like it's the fat lassie sitting alone in the corner of the nightclub and they've just turned on the lights at the end of the night. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Jinkies, talk about fair weather posting. Not a fucking peep from either of you when things are going badly for Hughes. Celtic play a shocker and you're all over this thread like it's the fat lassie sitting alone in the corner of the nightclub and they've just turned on the lights at the end of the night. :lol:

1 post (now 2) = "all over this thread". 

It's a decent deflection just not quite good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

1 post (now 2) = "all over this thread". 

It's a decent deflection just not quite good enough. 

I'll be honest it was more aimed at "Sophia" but in truth you've paid more attention to this thread than I have. Still always nice to have people dance for you. :)