The Yogi Hughes Ross County Appreciation Thread

42 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

On the few occasions I've watched County under Hughes, the football has been dreadful. Think it was the cup game against Inverness, where they were aimlessly pumping it up the park with nobody in sight. 

Hughes as others have said seems a decent bloke, but I'm not convinced her plays football the "right way". 

To be fair the Inverness performance was unforgivable. If they decide to punt him and quote that performance as the reason I'll have no problem with that whatsoever. 

However, when he took over we were 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league. He has finished 9 points clear of automatic relegation. He deserves more credit from County fans than he is getting. 

He’s clearly a miles better manager than Kettlewell will ever be. So it’s not surprising that he took someone else team and made them better. That’s what he does, it’s his thing. 

His problem is when he’s asked to build his own squad.

On 24/04/2021 at 12:08, GAD said:

Yes, what a thread this is turning out to be. Ric doing really well to keep his powder dry here.

On 24/04/2021 at 00:12, Lex said:

Well, this is awkward.

These two look rather stupid now 😆

Fair play to Yogi. He gets utterly pilloried for his time at Raith and was damaged goods. Which was in itself a bit of a nonsense after only being in charge for 15 games and inheriting Gary Locke's car crash.

Glad he kept County up, I hope he stays with you guys. He seems to love the way of life in the Highlands. He also appears to be a thoroughly decent guy as well, such a likeable character.

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Fair play to Yogi. He gets utterly pilloried for his time at Raith and was damaged goods. Which was in itself a bit of a nonsense after only being in charge for 15 games and inheriting Gary Locke's car crash.

Glad he kept County up, I hope he stays with you guys. He seems to love the way of life in the Highlands. He also appears to be a thoroughly decent guy as well, such a likeable character.

In the same way Trump and Johnson are aye, they're all c***s really though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2021 at 14:02, frankthetank22 said:

My f**king ar$e he's been terrible, everything County have done recently have been despite John Yogi Hughes, not because of him. 

Get him to f**k away from my club ASAP

Careful what you wish for,  oh wait......