The Yogi Hughes Ross County Appreciation Thread

49 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

My f**king ar$e he's been terrible, everything County have done recently have been despite John Yogi Hughes, not because of him. 

Get him to f**k away from my club ASAP

Yeah I guess he is a bit marmite.

I could see where a lot of the dismay/humour at his appointment came from but as I said at the time there wouldn't have been any "old lags" available that didn't have a chequered record.

Still it must be a 5 year contract for Yogi and all the "honest laddies" he can recruit.

Edited by btb

Just now, Ric said:

Ha! I was just looking for this thread to bump it.

Fair play to the lad, whether you think he's a good manager or not, I'm not sure County would have done that under Kettlewell.

Hard to say.  

My problem with all of this is that John Hughes seems like a really nice bloke.   

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hard to say. 

For me your survival has come about from (unexpected, it has to be said) wins against Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs. I don't think Kettlewell would have achieved that. We'll never know of course.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ha! I was just looking for this thread to bump it.

Fair play to the lad, whether you think he's a good manager or not, I'm not sure County would have done that under Kettlewell.

Graeme Shinnie said he was the best manager he has ever he worked with and that which the training was such a high standard. Other players in the game also have a high opinion of him. 

9 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Graeme Shinnie said he was the best manager he has ever he worked with and that which the training was such a high standard. Other players in the game also have a high opinion of him. 

Hughes or Kettlewell?

You'd imagine Hughes' persona is the same on the training pitch as it is in the television studio - albeit probably more swearing!

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Hughes 

Check out this about 44 minutes:

Ta.  I'll certainly take your word for it, if it means I can avoid listening to Simon Ferry.. ;)

44 minutes ago, Ric said:

For me your survival has come about from (unexpected, it has to be said) wins against Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs. I don't think Kettlewell would have achieved that. We'll never know of course.

Was thinking the same earlier.  Those 9 points were huge and for the most part unexpected. Regardless, he's done the job and fair play to him.  

6 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I seem to be in the minority of County fans but I'm hoping he stays. Get him a DoF so he isnt choosing his own players and I think he is worth a shot. 

I think it’s fair to say that if the players have anything to do with it, he’ll be there next season.  

Fair play to the guy. He’s an interesting character and tries to play decent enough football with clubs with usually not massive budgets* so will be interesting to see how County get on next season.

*Yes I am aware County usually offer more wages than those around them but its hard to get folk to move up there.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair play to the guy. He’s an interesting character and tries to play decent enough football with clubs with usually not massive budgets* so will be interesting to see how County get on next season.

On the few occasions I've watched County under Hughes, the football has been dreadful. Think it was the cup game against Inverness, where they were aimlessly pumping it up the park with nobody in sight. 

Hughes as others have said seems a decent bloke, but I'm not convinced her plays football the "right way". 

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

On the few occasions I've watched County under Hughes, the football has been dreadful. Think it was the cup game against Inverness, where they were aimlessly pumping it up the park with nobody in sight. 

Hughes as others have said seems a decent bloke, but I'm not convinced her plays football the "right way". 

That’s fair enough tbh as I have seen little of County this season tbh other than keeping an eye out for Hjelde during Sportscene highlights. Was more thinking of his time at Caley/Falkirk

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

*Yes I am aware County usually offer more wages than those around them but its hard to get folk to move up there.

3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

What exactly are you basing that ludicrous statement on?  His brand of hoofball is eye bleedingly bad, believe me I've watched nearly every game since he came to County, it's the quadruple substitutions every match (up until these last three games) that have driven me mad, his team selections/tactics have been that bad every game required a total overhaul to salvage something.

He comes across as a decent bloke and I don't wish him any ill will, I just don't want him managering my team. 

His contract is up, if Falkirk want him he's all theirs imo.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That’s fair enough tbh as I have seen little of County this season tbh other than keeping an eye out for Hjelde during Sportscene highlights. Was more thinking of his time at Caley/Falkirk

He looks like a really good player, for someone so young.  He's had to play a LB for most of the games but done it really well.

Can we have him back?

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

He looks like a really good player, for someone so young.  He's had to play a LB for most of the games but done it really well.

Can we have him back?

I think we will keep him till the end of our Euro qualifiers since we will be very bare with so many leaving and those coming back from Euros. Yeah he is very young which is encouraging but I can see him being punted at least on loan till January again so going to County for a few more months may make sense.