Blue & White Hoops -vs- Red & Blue Stripes

Paid my first dosh for a livestream and wasnt disappointed.Well fought point for the Ton tho' disappointed we conceded so early after scoring...it is after all....when a team is most likely to concede.I agree with those who are of the opinion that Rabin Omar is not good enough for this level.I dont doubt his committment....but he's not good enough.Sorry Rabin.

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Have to be happy with the draw after losing a man in the 1st half. 

2nd half we didn't look like we were a man down and that's down to every player working hard.

Commitment from the players was superb. 

My Man of the Match was big McGinty. Big Andy seemed to think he should have done better with the ICT goal but I thought it was McAdams who should have dealt with it if he's coming out that far.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Bullet dodged for us after that stinking lineup and the red card. If we can get three points against Arbroath on Saturday then it'll be a good few days' work. Not even remotely confident of that given the quality in our team, but they've certainly got a great battling attitude to give themselves a decent chance most weeks. 

That's a stinking result for Inverness IMO, you have to put that game to bed when 2-1 up against ten men for an hour.

I'll go along with that.

4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Sorry Colkitto...seemed to have messed up my return post.Not to worry.

Truth be known...I dont understand how we are sitting pretty in our current position in the league.

I'm looking for true ;ballers; in our squad and I cant find them....and then they go and get a point (wae 10 men) against ICT.

Keep goin' guys and Anton........but when are we gonnae get some 'ballers;.....oh right...that costs!.

20 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Have to be happy with the draw after losing a man in the 1st half. 

2nd half we didn't look like we were a man down and that's down to every player working hard.

Commitment from the players was superb. 

My Man of the Match was big McGinty. Big Andy seemed to think he should have done better with the ICT goal but I thought it was McAdams who should have dealt with it if he's coming out that far.

28 minutes ago, Ott said:

You could tell after 10 mins of the second half ICT needed to freshen up. Dorran offered very little, Vincent disappeared. Three early subs could have changed that. We’d lost our dig. Really frustrating. 

Vincent is a good 'bosser' in midfield....reminds me of an inexperienced Gary Harkins...🙄 

There's a decent case for saying that we have the poorest squad in the league in terms of quality now, and that's before you even consider that we also don't have a substitute goalkeeper, a goalkeeper coach or a permanent coach with dedicated coaching staff to help him out. The fundamentals are so, so bad thanks to those chinless wonders at GC watching the clock until they finally f**k off.

We should be in the middle of a 13/14 style horror show and it is to the great credit of the interim staff and the squad that they're still just about wringing out results. That doesn't mean that they are all good enough to deserve a contract next season - we'll need to be completely ruthless about that - but it does mean that few of them will leave in the manner of certain mercenary snakes before them.

8 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Vincent is a good 'bosser' in midfield....reminds me of an inexperienced Gary Harkins...🙄 

I know you're obviously joking but Vincent clearly had a bit of talent when he was at Dundee.

He was such a fucking waste of skin though. One performance against Caley in particular during their France adventure season should have seen him investigated for match fixing such was his half arsed performance to try and save some of his former mates.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's a decent case for saying that we have the poorest squad in the league in terms of quality now, and that's before you even consider that we also don't have a substitute goalkeeper, a goalkeeper coach or a permanent coach with dedicated coaching staff to help him out. The fundamentals are so, so bad thanks to those chinless wonders at GC watching the clock until they finally f**k off.

We should be in the middle of a 13/14 style horror show and it is to the great credit of the interim staff and the squad that they're still just about wringing out results. That doesn't mean that they are all good enough to deserve a contract next season - we'll need to be completely ruthless about that - but it does mean that few of them will leave in the manner of certain mercenary snakes before them.

Concur...............ouch!(I'm not bothered about the snake antmore).

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you're obviously joking but Vincent clearly had a bit of talent when he was at Dundee.

He was such a fucking waste of skin though. One performance against Caley in particular during their France adventure season should have seen him investigated for match fixing such was his half arsed performance to try and save some of his former mates.

....and Gary didnt have a bit of skin?.....but mibeez no in the sense you intend.......Gary Harkins annoys me ..intensely!...why?...because he's a Greenock boy and....bla bla bla

What made me even more annoyed is when he played for Morton alongside Michael Tidser (I was punching the air at this point ...Tids has got his Scottish Fred).....but it didnt quite turn out that way.Such is football.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Nice finishes from Sutherland and Mckay for our goals. Defending was rotten again. No idea what Deas was thinking for the second Morton goal. If you're trying to stoop to header the ball when it's 30 cms off the ground maybe stick the boot through it instead? Think we got away with one in the first half when Devine sold a "push" in the box when Morton scored. Robbo apparently saying we should have had a couple of penalties. I think we had a reasonable claim for a handball but meh.

Struggling to think of much positive to take from that. It's hard to be too critical given the prolonged break from match action but even so some of the same old faults were evident. The continued softness at defending crosses (from set pieces especially) remains. There was precious little creativity from the wide players and some of the crossing was absolutely woeful. Maybe the heavy pitch didn't help. With a number of games coming up over the next couple of weeks we need to get back up to full speed quickly if we are to take advantage of our games in hand.

Edited by RiG