Alloa v Raith

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
2 minutes ago, TxRover said:
I’ll let you two sort that out.

I'm not actually sure what happened either. It was awarded against him for something though.

And we know Refs are never wrong...

I know, Mendy isn’t nearly a finished product, but I’m not convinced he’s as bad as some think, but he certainly isn’t an automatic starter yet.

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 24/12/2020 at 10:08, CALDERON said:
This. We are currently 4th and potentially a win away from 2nd,with a game in hand. 
Tough games, but nothing to fear at all. 

Anyone who stated that last week's results suited us should really look again. I for one want Alloa, arbroath and QOS beaten every week and any match between them ending in a draw. I still not convinced this season will finish and we don't want to be on the wrong side of a Partick type scenario like last season.

And we know Refs are never wrong...
I know, Mendy isn’t nearly a finished product, but I’m not convinced he’s as bad as some think, but he certainly isn’t an automatic starter yet.
I wasn't actually saying mendy did anything wrong, as I didn't actually see what it was given for. Just laughing at it happening after I had said he wasn't very good.

Crazy game of football in pretty grim conditions. I wouldn't be too bothered about the late goals when it was ridiculously open at both ends, but the two in the first half were dreadful from our point of view and came when Raith weren't really creating any genuine chances. That's what killed us. 

Biggest worry is Parry going off again. We need him to be fit, we need the injured players back and we need some pace in attack when the window opens. 

Cracking goal at the end there and Raith responded really well to conceding the goals. Fair play to the teams for an entertaining match on a rather challenging afternoon. Should say too, Mendy might well be shite but I'd cut him some slack today, tough old gig playing into a storm and when your team are under pressure for spells 😁

Edited by Waspie

Missed the Duku goal and part of the first half but these things will happen. Not every stream will run perfectly for every club. The most important thing is that Scottish football gets through without losing any clubs. 

That's the third time we've hit a team for five this season on league duty which is fantastic. Pretty incredible given that with ten minutes to go we were clinging on and not getting a break from the weather. The scoreline did flatter us somewhat given that two of our goals had elements of good fortune to them (Armstrong and Lokotsch) but sometimes you get the breaks. Even for the 5th I was quite surprised to see the ball hit the net after Ross's incredible run.  

The middle of the table has become quite congested so it's good to consolidate our position somewhat. 

A final word to say that Alloa's commentary duo were excellent. Definitely up there with Raith TV: they were comfortable talking their way through the game and didn't come across as forced or struggling like some of the other commentators we've heard. I'd still fancy Alloa to stay up over Queens or Arbroath based off what I've seen: Scougall and Trouten were big misses today for them and they still caused issues throughout.