Saints v Rangers 23/12/20 6pm

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

If the Rangers fans weren't so reluctant to spend money. Maybe their club wouldn't have died.

I am aware this will be covering old ground and others will find it tedious, but I've never really heard someone give a reasonable response to the question I'm about to ask:

As a season ticket holder, what more could I have done that would've helped avoid what happened?

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

I am aware this will be covering old ground and others will find it tedious, but I've never really heard someone give a reasonable response to the question I'm about to ask:

As a season ticket holder, what more could I have done that would've helped avoid what happened?

It's a bit late now for fundraising ideas m8. 

Sponsored Orange walk?

I’ve read many of your posts and I think you are far too reasonable and articulate.
You can buy a season ticket, merchandise, etc. Beyond that you could respond to any appeals.
I thought that if the club asked fans worldwide to pay £100 they would probably have raked in vast sums. Not if it was to line the pockets of whatever chancer came up next.

8 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I’ve read many of your posts and I think you are far too reasonable and articulate.
You can buy a season ticket, merchandise, etc. Beyond that you could respond to any appeals.
I thought that if the club asked fans worldwide to pay £100 they would probably have raked in vast sums. Not if it was to line the pockets of whatever chancer came up next.

Yeah, it's a question I've always wanted an answer to as it's painted out as if it was such a simple-straight forward scenario haha.

But, I suppose I've made my point, I'll try not derail the thread any longer!

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, it's a question I've always wanted an answer to as it's painted out as if it was such a simple-straight forward scenario haha.

But, I suppose I've made my point, I'll try not derail the thread any longer!

You could’ve done what Hearts and Dundee fans did,and start fund raising which saved their clubs 

6 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

You could’ve done what Hearts and Dundee fans did,and start fund raising which saved their clubs 

Rangers fans did this, this is what the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund was.

When the creditors meeting was held, the total liability was estimated at £134m. Unsurprisingly, the fund fell short of this.

17 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Except it wasn't as simple as that and you know it. If you look at Hearts for example: The Foundation of Hearts have done magnificent things and no doubt they were instrumental in helping turn things round, but they still needed that wealthy individual (Budge) to come in and clear their liability with the FOH agreeing to pay her back. From memory, this was around £3m? Additionally, didn't Romanov write off millions worth of debt owed to his firm by Hearts?

So, the scenarios were completely different as A) Rangers' debt was much more substantial B) There wasn't a wealthy individual willing to come in and clear the liability and agree to be repaid and C) There was the 'Big Tax Case' looming over the club which was estimated to be 10's of millions, which meant attracting the wealthy individual you needed near on impossible.

I wholeheartedly accept that Rangers as a club made massive errors, but one thing I won't accept is people somehow holding me and the fanbase responsible or complicit.

Edited by AJF

I don't think anyone could accuse the fanbase of being responsible or complicit. More that they simply were not that bothered about it.

It was a bit of a surprise to many of us as neutrals, that a club who's fans run about saying 'no surrender' as a slogan, turned out to be the surrenderiest fanbase in the country.  Certainly compared to other clubs who had also been guilty of financially cheating and were rallying round.

Anyway, old ground as you say.  Wonder if we'll start Rooney at right back/ RWB now it's confirmed Danny Mac is on his way out in January?

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Wonder if we'll start Rooney at right back/ RWB now it's confirmed Danny Mac is on his way out in January?

Would make sense.

Any chance at all of a back 4 I wonder?  Probably not, but would be interesting to see us give it a try. 

Anyone any clue if MOH is back?

Why you asking us? We've never had to save our well run club that has always lived within it's means.

When the creditors meeting was held, the total liability was estimated at £134m. Unsurprisingly, the fund fell short of this.
So all these superstars that your club paid millions to turned their backs in your hour of need? Surprising eh?

2 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, G51 said:

So all these superstars that your club paid millions to turned their backs in your hour of need? Surprising eh?

Do you believe former and current employees should bail out their employers when they fall into debt through employing aggressive tax avoidance schemes?

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

If the Rangers fans weren't so reluctant to spend money. Maybe their club wouldn't have died.

If St Johnstone had some ingenuity they'd have offered bears a 60p discount for this game. 

Startling claims that Saints are "committing financial suicide" by "pricing Rangers fans out the game" on Twitter tonight.

By the same people who likely pay £600+ for a season ticket to matches they'll never see.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Startling claims that Saints are "committing financial suicide" by "pricing Rangers fans out the game" on Twitter tonight.

By the same people who likely pay £600+ for a season ticket to matches they'll never see.

They can't do maths. The main claim from many seems to be if it was a tenner you'd sell more but they can't seem to understand "more" doesn't mean more money. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Imagine being willing to pay more money to a club you support than one you don't.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

They can't do maths. The main claim from many seems to be if it was a tenner you'd sell more but they can't seem to understand "more" doesn't mean more money. 

Yeah its a bit mad. Same ones who are gloating they watch every game on IPTV are claiming they'd magically decide to spend £10 for no reason to watch this one .