Saints v Rangers 23/12/20 6pm

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Are they actually outraged at having to pay for a stream? Or, from what I've seen, are they simply saying they won't be paying £18 for it?

They think they are being overcharged? How do you think the rest of us feel?  Tv companies bias towards Rangers this season has been ridiculous.  How many away games have you played? This the tenth?  Less than £2 a game? 

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Are they actually outraged at having to pay for a stream? Or, from what I've seen, are they simply saying they won't be paying £18 for it?

The vast majority seem to think we're charging £17.50 because "Weer the Ranjurs, Blu poond", despite the fact we've charged every fan the same amount all season and have on numerous occasions stated the price is the price so not to devalue season ticket holders. We could have charged less to fans both home and away, but chose to put those how bought season tickets first. 

1 minute ago, Bose said:

They think they are being overcharged? How do you think the rest of us feel?  Tv companies bias towards Rangers this season has been ridiculous.  How many away games have you played? This the tenth?  Less than £2 a game? 

My view is a purely selfish one, and I won't be paying £17.50 for a single match. I think it is overpriced for a single match, yes. £10/£12 I'd have considered it, but £17.50 just isn't value for money. I understand they've set this price to protect the value of season tickets, I just won't be choosing to pay the PPV price.

This also relates to a wider point that I have discussed before in the sense that fans are complaining at how little we (Rangers fans) have had to pay for away games this season, but this will be the first season, probably in my lifetime, that I will have payed less to watch away games over the course of the season compared to other fans.

Rangers (and Celtic fans) are charged considerably higher than any other fan to watch their team at away grounds, so I'm not going to feel privileged that this one off season I'll be paying a bit less for a change.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

My view is a purely selfish one, and I won't be paying £17.50 for a single match. I think it is overpriced for a single match, yes. £10/£12 I'd have considered it, but £17.50 just isn't value for money. I understand they've set this price to protect the value of season tickets, I just won't be choosing to pay the PPV price.

This also relates to a wider point that I have discussed before in the sense that fans are complaining at how little we (Rangers fans) have had to pay for away games this season, but this will be the first season, probably in my lifetime, that I will have payed less to watch away games over the course of the season compared to other fans.

Rangers (and Celtic fans) are charged considerably higher than any other fan to watch their team at away grounds, so I'm not going to feel privileged that this one off season I'll be paying a bit less for a change.

This is a reasonable response (although I'd argue that previous years aren't comparable). If only your fellow supporters were as clear it would come across better and not like an entitled whine, which is what it sounds like. Appreciate that you see that the club are looking after their own supporters in setting the price and not being guided by the market or fans of other clubs. Probably also worth noting that in normal times the cost of hosting the OF clubs is higher for hosts and it tends to drive down home numbers. 

Still, the BBC give you massively disproportionate value from the license fee in terms of coverage across all their platforms so you've still got that. (Not a moan BTW, just the way it is). 

It's perfectly fair for a club to offer a product at a price and for individuals to decide whether it's value or not. It's a shame if St Johnstone lose out because some people feel the price is too high but that's fine. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The outrage that they have to pay for their first stream of the season is delicious.

I don't think that anyone is outraged at having to pay, some people may well think that it's too pricey and that's fair enough. Others may go down the route of watching it on RTV with a hidden IP and give their money to Rangers.

Personally I think that it's a bit steep but it's less hassle just to buy it from you guys than to fanny about hiding IPs.

15 minutes ago, Bose said:

Ah the hard done by Rangers fans. Of course when we come to Ibrox we get in cheap.  How the over privileged see the world

I never said we were hard done by, I simply gave my reasoning as to why I'm not going to be forced into thinking I'm privileged this season to be paying less than other fans to watch their team away from home.

Edited by AJF

I don't think that anyone is outraged at having to pay, some people may well think that it's too pricey and that's fair enough. Others may go down the route of watching it on RTV with a hidden IP and give their money to Rangers.
Personally I think that it's a bit steep but it's less hassle just to buy it from you guys than to fanny about hiding IPs.

I didnt realise it was being streamed to non UK on rangers tv, I take it Saints have to agree to that?

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
22 minutes ago, bennett said:

I didnt realise it was being streamed to non UK on rangers tv, I take it Saints have to agree to that?

No, home teams can only offer PPV to UK viewers. International rights haven't changed for this season.

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Gotcha. Seems like a gaping hole in the model!

To be honest, for UK/ROI viewers to get the international stream to work properly you need to buy a VPN, rather than use a free one. The free ones tend to buffer the whole time.

Most folk won't know how to set it up or won't be arsed doing it properly, so they'll just buy it I think.

It's telling that a number of Rangers fans are reacting to this online as if it some new revelation, some breaking news, some fresh development. 

Celtic fans reacted in similar fashion when their first away PPV game appeared on the horizon. 

How can this be a surprise? How can so many not already know that this is the case and has been all season? Emblematic of their detachment from reality; their arrogant, self-obsessed sense of superiority. 

Two cheeks right enough.

I only wish the other clubs in the division had indeed gouged them with special increased prices. Would haver been hilarious. 

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Many of them are demanding that we charge something like £7-8. This would be £5.50 less than the PPV prices of East Fife and Montrose in League One.

What also seems totally lost on many of them as well is the fairly basic maths of if was sold at £8 a game we'd need to sell more than double to make up the difference which has zero chance of happening.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Do they f**k. You are either looking in the wrong place or have a shite internet provider. 

If you're streaming in 240p then maybe you could use them. Likes of Hola and Zenmate aren't really much use for anything better than that. Plus Hola is a major security risk.