Rishi's proposed 'wealth tax'

Suspect Device

Are you in favour in principle?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, my tits are now gripped!
It doesn't fucking depend on 'where you sit'!  Tips are taxable!  They are already NIC efficient (No NIC is payable on them) but they are taxable!
Taxes are for the benefit of all of us, our schools, hospitals, roads, military, social services et al are paid for by the public purse and each of us has a duty to pay our fucking taxes and not buck the system, because we don't think this should be taxed or that should be taxed, or any other lame-ass excuse we can use to justify our own selfishness.
If you don't declare your tips, you're a fucking thief!
Yours, Pay yer fuckin' taxes!
aDONis

No doubt they are taxable as decreed by HMRC. However, I personally don't think they should be. If I'm sat in a restaurant and leave a tip or at a bar and say 'keep the change', I'm wanting the server(s)/chefs to get 100% of that. Not them get 80% and the government get the rest. Just my opinion. There are far worse tax dodges going on than folk on shitty wages getting a couple of extra quid for doing a good job.

17 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
28 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:
Right, my tits are now gripped!
It doesn't fucking depend on 'where you sit'!  Tips are taxable!  They are already NIC efficient (No NIC is payable on them) but they are taxable!
Taxes are for the benefit of all of us, our schools, hospitals, roads, military, social services et al are paid for by the public purse and each of us has a duty to pay our fucking taxes and not buck the system, because we don't think this should be taxed or that should be taxed, or any other lame-ass excuse we can use to justify our own selfishness.
If you don't declare your tips, you're a fucking thief!
Yours, Pay yer fuckin' taxes!
aDONis

No doubt they are taxable as decreed by HMRC. However, I personally don't think they should be. If I'm sat in a restaurant and leave a tip or at a bar and say 'keep the change', I'm wanting the server(s)/chefs to get 100% of that. Not them get 80% and the government get the rest. Just my opinion. There are far worse tax dodges going on than folk on shitty wages getting a couple of extra quid for doing a good job.

Boo fuckin hoo!  I don't care what you 'think', if you want the law to be different, change the law, but in the meantime tips are taxable.

I think I should be able to buy a big f**k-off telly for my living room and declare it as a business expense, this will be more VAT efficient and I'll reduce my year end Corporate Tax bill as well, not only that I'm going to get a set of even more f**k-off speakers and do the same.  I assume because I 'think' this is reasonable, it is reasonable.

How do you feel about my 'thinking'?  I admit it's against the law (as is not declaring your tips), but I'm only saving 19% Corporate Tax, so where's the harm?*

Yours

aDONis

*It's not excusable, pay yer fucking taxes!

Edited by aDONisSheep

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Go get those minimum wage waitresses champ.

Excuses, excuses.

Sorry, maybe you've misunderstood.  How do think our nurses get paid?

If you don't like the minimum wage level, vote to have it changed, I sure as f**k do.

What I don't accept is that I should be subsidising private businesses that don't pay their staff well enough.  When I leave a tip, I expect the recipient to be honest enough to do the right thing and pay their fucking taxes (we have a progressive tax regime for exactly this reason).

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Boo fuckin hoo!  I don't care what you 'think', if you want the law to be different, change the law, but in the meantime tips are taxable.
I think I should be able to buy a big f**k-off telly for my living room and declare it as a business expense, this will be more VAT efficient and I'll reduce my year end Corporate Tax bill as well, not only that I'm going to get a set of even more f**k-off speakers and do the same.  I assume because I 'think' this is reasonable, it is reasonable.
How do you feel about my 'thinking'?  I admit it's against the law (as is not declaring your tips), but I'm only saving 19% Corporate Tax, so where's the harm?*
Yours
aDONis
*It's not excusable, pay yer fucking taxes!
Go for it, get your big f**k off tele and do what you want with it. Just find it bizarre to have such a strong opinion on what it a tiny drop in a massive ocean of tax avoidance.

Bookies I worked in years ago, we pooled our tips and they paid for the 4/5 staff nights out a year we had. Fucking tax dodging b*****ds we were.

Excuses, excuses.
Sorry, maybe you've misunderstood.  How do think our nurses get paid?
If you don't like the minimum wage level, vote to have it changed, I sure as f**k do.
What I don't accept is that I should be subsidising private businesses that don't pay their staff well enough.  When I leave a tip, I expect the recipient to be honest enough to do the right thing and pay their fucking taxes (we have a progressive tax regime for exactly this reason).
Yours
aDONis
Don't leave tips then. Or say to the staff when you do leave one, please make sure that you declare this as taxable income please.
No one is forcing you to leave a tip and you aren't subsidising the workers wages, their wages are what they are.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Go for it, get your big f**k off tele and do what you want with it. Just find it bizarre to have such a strong opinion on what it a tiny drop in a massive ocean of tax avoidance.

Bookies I worked in years ago, we pooled our tips and they paid for the 4/5 staff nights out a year we had. Fucking tax dodging b*****ds we were.

As I've said, all tax avoidance grips my tits.  Too many people find excuses for bucking the system, because they think in the scheme of their only small beer.  It's cumulative impact and the progressive scale that is the problem.

You got some nights out, bully for you.  Had you paid your taxes, you might have had to have had a few less drinks.  Your some guy eh!  Well done you, you're still a thief though!

Personally I think it was a selfish action, but then again I pay my taxes (I don't like doing it, but I do) I don't cut the corners because I think I can get away with it, I pay my taxes.

Yours

aDONis

10 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Don't leave tips then. Or say to the staff when you do leave one, please make sure that you declare this as taxable income please.
No one is forcing you to leave a tip and you aren't subsidising the workers wages, their wages are what they are.

Excuses, excuses.  Can we not expect people to do the right thing and pay their taxes.  I think that's a simpler solution.

19 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

When I leave a tip

Fooling absolutely no one here m9. No chance anyone who gets this upset about minimum wage employees declaring tax on a couple of quid tip actually tips themselves.

Excuses, excuses.  Can we not expect people to do the right thing and pay their taxes.  I think that's a simpler solution.
No I think you should endeavour to point out your rage every time you leave a tip. If your round comes to £9.80 in the pub and you say keep the change, make sure you point out to the server that only 16p of that is actually for you, the other 4p is for the taxman.

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
32 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

No I think you should endeavour to point out your rage every time you leave a tip. If your round comes to £9.80 in the pub and you say keep the change, make sure you point out to the server that only 16p of that is actually for you, the other 4p is for the taxman.

What a facetious argument.  Do you really think it has any merit?

3 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

What a facetious argument.  Do you really think it has any merit?

Just out of interest, do you think that a minimum wage employee not declaring a few quids worth of tips for tax is morally equivalent to big businesses using whatever means necessary to pay as little tax as possible? 

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

How the hell did a thread about a WEALTH tax come down to petty arguing over whether some minimum wage waiting tables should pay tax on tips?

But these minimum wage waitresses are thieves who are stealing from are brave troops and nurses.

Can't say that it's my biggest concern.

I am concerned about the year my one man limited company paid as much corporation tax as Facebook.

(I've now opened myself up to accusations of being a thief because I can pay myself in dividends and avoid paying some tax for our brave troops and nurses. Better keep quiet about my tax avoiding ISA and SIPP)

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

But these minimum wage waitresses are thieves who are stealing from are brave troops and nurses.

They're thieves who are simultaneously putting food into and taking food out of the mouths of this country's children!

Any time I leave a tip I deduct 20% and send it to HMRC.  It’s a pain in the arse but the moral superiority I feel makes it worthwhile.

I always include a note saying I don’t want it spend on nuclear weapons but I’m not sure if these requests are adhered to.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just out of interest, do you think that a minimum wage employee not declaring a few quids worth of tips for tax is morally equivalent to big businesses using whatever means necessary to pay as little tax as possible? 

I think you need to read what I've written, but in particular I'll bring your attention to the following;

3 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I agree there is a slight difference, but both are robbing the rest of us. 

Look at it another way, one may be stealing the parcel off your front step and the other is breaking into your garage.  There's a slight difference, but at the end of the day, they are both thieves and it's the punishment that defines the difference.

One of the problems that Greece has was that a large proportion of the population didn't pay their fucking taxes.  It grips my tits, when people try to find excuses for not declaring incomes.  We have a progressive tax system for a reason, it's not up to individuals to decide on their own system.

Yours

aDONis

I have a real problem, with some of sham tax rules that allow big businesses to avoid paying taxes.  It's not an either or situation though, you can dislike both (and I do).  

What I don't like is the hypocrisy of people doing something illegal and then pointing at something else and saying "but they did it worser than me" or "I'm just being a bit illegal therefore it's alright" or "the big boy did it and ran away', it's pathetic!

Those are just excuses.

I've said it many times, paying your taxes is a moral duty (and a patriotic duty).  It pays for our core services.  On a cumulative basis, all this cash economy shyt robs the rest of us.

It's nice that people worry about those on minimum wage (and that is worthy) but tax evasion is not the answer.  I like to think of it this way, our taxes pay for our massively underfunded social services which look after our really needy (e.g. those with mental health issues, geriatric care, people with addictions, our at risk children etc).  Tax evasion, even at what most consider to be at 'petty' levels, reduces our ability to fund essential programmes.

By all means go after big business, but don't underestimate the cumulative impact of the cash and black economies.

Yours, bleeding heart liberal

aDONis

P.S. I also have a problem with smaller businesses and the self employed that pass non-business expenses through their books.

I'm an equal opportunities despiser. 😜

Edited by aDONisSheep

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Any time I leave a tip I deduct 20% and send it to HMRC.  It’s a pain in the arse but the moral superiority I feel makes it worthwhile.

I always include a note saying I don’t want it spend on nuclear weapons but I’m not sure if these requests are adhered to.

Any time I leave a tip, I also report the member of staff to HMRC on the off chance they don't declare it. Just keeping them honest.

Spoiler

Joking... I never tip.