Pars vs Lichties

Arbroath played well again today. Dunfermline are better than Ayr, second in the table and we held our own and had our chances. Gaston made some great stops - maybe more than he needed to if he’d pushed them away better. The back 4 were strong and O’Brian as brilliant as ever. Ricky toned it down after his booking. Thomas gave both our full backs problems but that was it. Craigen goes from strength to strength. I really like Donnelly and Hilson up top. The ball sticks and they cause problems. We deserved a draw - an even game and we didn’t get a break. The difference between 4th and 8th could be a few breaks. I’ll take 8th but we can do better.

Arbroath should have had at least a point today - absolute minimum they deserved and perhaps a win would have been just about right.

Very good all round performance, but you need to score goals to win games.

Sir Bobby Linn can change games, score goals and create chances out of nothing - he should have had some game time.

A great team effort by Arbroath  - we were the better team, but the strikers need to start scoring goals.

Good luck to the Pars and also thought their commentary team was among the best I have heard this season - they were well informed, unbiased and did a good job.

Arbroath should have had at least a point today - absolute minimum they deserved and perhaps a win would have been just about right.
Sir Bobby Linn can change games, score goals and create chances out of nothing - he should have had some game time.
A great team effort by Arbroath  - we were the better team, but the strikers need to start scoring goals.
Good luck to the Pars and also thought their commentary team was among the best I have heard this season - they were well informed, unbiased and did a good job.

I have to agree about the coverage. Excellent commentary. Really well informed and entertaining.

I love Bobby Linn, but I’m struggling to see where he can get a starting spot in this 442 because our midfield 4 are providing a real measure of control. I agree that as an impact sub he’s more likely to provide some magic than Stewart, but when you’re 0-0 away against a top side I think Stewart might look a better bet to keep a point.

Yeah I’m afraid too many in our support seem to think Bobby should be playing in the team week in week out, I’ve never subscribed to that although I did think it was Taylor made for him in the latter stages today. 

I thought we were ok today, nothing startling, probably worth a point. 

Our substitutions today were absolutely criminal and a huge part of the reason we lost today. We looked one paced all game, yet our two quickest players in Linn and Ruth got 4 minutes between them. Doolan may have been a superb striker 5 years ago but his level is probably League Two at best now. I’d look to move him on in January and bring in a real quality forward (god knows who though!). If we can do that, I think we will have enough to survive. I’m sure the board will back Dick as always in January, let’s just hope he can find the right man.

Our substitutions today were absolutely criminal and a huge part of the reason we lost today. We looked one paced all game, yet our two quickest players in Linn and Ruth got 4 minutes between them. Doolan may have been a superb striker 5 years ago but his level is probably League Two at best now. I’d look to move him on in January and bring in a real quality forward (god knows who though!). If we can do that, I think we will have enough to survive. I’m sure the board will back Dick as always in January, let’s just hope he can find the right man.

Stewart for McKenna made sense. Ruth for Donnelly made sense. Doolan is sadly not up to it in his league and should bow out gracefully now and let us sign someone - probably on loan - who can compete with Luke up front. I still think Ruth and Smith can make the breakthrough into our starting 11. Dick is not so good at giving young forwards a chance.

Stewart for McKenna made sense. Ruth for Donnelly made sense. Doolan is sadly not up to it in his league and should bow out gracefully now and let us sign someone - probably on loan - who can compete with Luke up front. I still think Ruth and Smith can make the breakthrough into our starting 11. Dick is not so good at giving young forwards a chance.

Stewart for McKenna I will give you, but Doolan replaced Donnelly on 78 (and then proceeded to do whatever it is he does for 15 mins) and Ruth replaced Hilson in the 87th minute, barely giving him a touch of the ball.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Stewart for McKenna I will give you, but Doolan replaced Donnelly on 78 (and then proceeded to do whatever it is he does for 15 mins) and Ruth replaced Hilson in the 87th minute, barely giving him a touch of the ball.

Would that be Luke Donnelly who had a loan spell (from Celtic) with us a couple of seasons ago?

He showed absolutely nothing during his spell @ Cappielow.

Would that be Luke Donnelly who had a loan spell (from Celtic) with us a couple of seasons ago?
He showed absolutely nothing during his spell @ Cappielow.
One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Morton shirt, which says alot.

That late goal won me £83 so cheers for that, Merry Christmas indeed!