Pars vs Lichties

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Will we turn up before the 75 minute?

Same team but Wilson in for McInroy.

Agreed. McInroy should have been dropped after the Morton game. He's young so hope he'll learn.

The last game at Arbroath was probably the most enjoyable game this season, other than the Hearts one. We played well and actually attacked and Arbroath did the same. Was very entertaining to see two teams go at it. Plenty of chances and some good goals.

I noted in the Dundee thread that Crawford couldn't stop the losing runs, but perhaps he can. What he needs to do is stop a long run without wins, so hopefully he can do that this Saturday.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. McInroy should have been dropped after the Morton game. He's young so hope he'll learn

he played very well vs hearts but has been pretty anonymous since.  I thought not having Whitaker playing alongside him could explain the drop off but he was poor vs Dundee as well.

As for Wilson,   I’m not totally sure 2 DM’s is the right tactic here,   Do we see Wilson playing with more freedom to get forward? He’s done ok when asked but that’s only been when we’re desperately chasing games,  can he do it from the start?

You could also argue playing him and Whittaker together frees Turner, Dow and Thomas up to attack at will.  Interesting questions for Crawford to answer.

Edited by parsforlife

Apparently Arbroath played very well yesterday to beat Ayr.  In our last 5 league games we have picked up 6 points out of the 15 available, the same as Alloa have and 1 more than Arbroath.  Looking at the next 4 games I dont think we will pick up more than 6 points. 

If we don't fudge players in to formations that don't work and take the game to them, then we should have enough about us to win. Hopefully that slight dip there was just that. End of the day, we are second in the league and Arbroath are second bottom. That isn't by some weird twist of fate that there is such a big gap; we are obviously better and should be confident, although that was a fantastic result for them against Ayr.