Hearts V Ayr United Football Club

I’ve been absolutely desperate for Hearts away for my entire Ayr supporting life. Having to play them away twice with no fans before they go back up to the Premiership and having to hope for a cup draw is sickening.

Do you have a particular grudge against Hearts? Or do you live in Gorgie and fancy walking to an Ayr game for once? Are you simply craving salt ‘n’ sauce?

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you have a particular grudge against Hearts? Or do you live in Gorgie and fancy walking to an Ayr game for once? Are you simply craving salt ‘n’ sauce?

I dont know for HM#1 but for me its one of the few grounds I've never been to. It would have been nice to have crossed it off the list.

Demoted at boardroom level. Even your fat mess was in on it hoping the maroon pound would be heading west[emoji23]
That must have been sare!
I have a tattoo on my penis, just one word no big deal....

supercalifragalisticexpialidocIous

[emoji6]

Hard to imagine how you could possibly have followed that first post up with an even worse effort but here we are.

Some job mate, well played.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No I quite like Hearts if anything. It’s just a cracking ground and away day IMO and I’d like to experience it with Ayr.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No I quite like Hearts if anything. It’s just a cracking ground and away day IMO and I’d like to experience it with Ayr.

Last time I was there was a Scottish Cup tie in the Dalziel days . Derek Anderson got sent off and we got a bit of a hounding , 4-1 if I remember correctly. But we took a big support up and rocked the place for 90 mins ... Superb ground , great atmosphere . 

19 hours ago, North British said:

Last time I was there was a Scottish Cup tie in the Dalziel days . Derek Anderson got sent off and we got a bit of a hounding , 4-1 if I remember correctly. But we took a big support up and rocked the place for 90 mins ... Superb ground , great atmosphere . 

Same as me.  Was the round after we had beat Killie 2-0 in 1998 - I was only 14 but remember thinking the stadium seemed cracking - also gutted that we can't go to this - day oot to Edinburgh on the train on Boxing Day would have been magnificent (probable defeat aside). 

Just need to hope we can frustrate them - hard to see anything other than a fairly routine defeat though.  Our defensive record is of course good but the big worry for me is that when we do concede we seem to then concede one or two  more in quite quick succession (Morton, Livi, Arbroath all spring to mind where there have been 2 or 3 in a 10 minute max spell).   Definitely got the fear that this could be a Livi esque one where we are out of it after 20 mins or so.  

One thing I recall about walking to Tynecastle for that 4 1 cup match was the smell of malt/hops. I didn't know what it was at the time.
Anyway I've terrific memories of the ground and the atmosphere despite the result we got that day and it's a shame the fans can't be there on Boxing Day.

Last time I was at Tynecastle I was getting a row from the Mrs for sitting pishing myself laughing while they were 2-0 down to Hamilton and folk were losing their minds.  Decent wee day with free hospitality.  

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

One thing I recall about walking to Tynecastle for that 4 1 cup match was the smell of malt/hops. I didn't know what it was at the time.
Anyway I've terrific memories of the ground and the atmosphere despite the result we got that day and it's a shame the fans can't be there on Boxing Day.

We went on a bus which was a joint one between Valspar and I think maybe Ayr Boswell or Caley - it's just popped into my head it broke down afterwards and we sat there for ages 

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Last time I was at Tynecastle I was getting a row from the Mrs for sitting pishing myself laughing while they were 2-0 down to Hamilton and folk were losing their minds.  Decent wee day with free hospitality.  

Last time for me was them putting Rangers to the sword last year, with a couple of **** in the home end beside us, basking in their seethe. It was glorious.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Last time for me was them putting Rangers to the sword last year, with a couple of **** in the home end beside us, basking in their seethe. It was glorious.

Hilarious game!  Loved watching it.