Queen of the South v Dundee FC (26/12/2020)

Where do we start with this?  Truly awful defending for all 3 goals. Buchanan plays like he'd rather be elsewhere, and Obileye is just a carthorse.  Allowing the tallest man on the field a free header is always going to end in trouble.  We have the easiest midfield in the league to play through. Consistently failing to protect the backline or support the front line.

Positives to take from today.  We scored a goal, and Dundee didn't score 6 as they could have done.  That is about all.

We can script Johnston's post match interview now.  Thanks to him we have more dead wood than a timber yard most of which will need replacing.  This however, will not be easy to do.  This sorry mess can't continue.  Johnston looks to have run out of ideas (not that there was many of those to start with),  needs to go and go now.  Our board are conspicuous by their continuing silence on this.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I dislike Connor Shields 🙄

image.jpeg.6455a1d5c1c6c4cd9ba4786e62769cd1.jpeg

Still, I managed to double my money. First time I’ve decided to cash in on our ineptitude, feeling rather daft for waiting this long.

image.jpeg.0d896d6fedd36538dff8b896e31eef0b.jpeg

image.jpeg.4aee3b5423e81993d283050fcf9f7313.jpeg

The bookies were giving money away today Even money Dundee!! Hopefully the men in charge lumped on enough to sack AJ.. 😂 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest 4RedCards
3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Predictable scoreline,  could have been so much less comfortable though.  Big problem scoring,  just need to ship that defence out. 

Get rid of the 6 in front of them and the 1 behind to start with, then Buchanan, disnae leave much though!!! Why do you always go for the defence maybe they’re not great but better than the other 7 who give them more work than the opposing teams 😡

5 minutes ago, 4RedCards said:

Get rid of the 6 in front of them and the 1 behind to start with, then Buchanan, disnae leave much though!!! Why do you always go for the defence maybe they’re not great but better than the other 7 who give them more work than the opposing teams 😡

My post was wordplay in replying to a post by a Dundee supporter,  I don't think the midfield and keeper are any less culpable than the defence for the situation we are in. 

For several games this year we have looked dominant and comfortable, sometimes with a slender lead (Raith at Dens and Inverness up North) and of course with a big lead last week, yet we managed to lose two points three times! This was due to a combination of early subbies (misguided management) and team capitulation- nerves, changed personnel and over confidence, perhaps? Then against Ayr two awful goals conceded, and an opposition keeper who played brilliantly, we have not often managed games very well this season. 

Today, however, in horrific conditions we did not make the same mistakes and managed the game- no daft subbies, a controlled effort with Sow a revelation and Adam’s class expressed all over the pitch. Even our keeper was lucky when the Flapjack tried to catch a ball without his hands to discover an opposition infringement had saved him. The QOS wind assisted goal was not great but neither were the conditions. The Doonhammers don’t look great this season and need points soon. 
So in a league where the standard is not high, we need the consistency and control we showed today to secure a play off spot, which is well within the capabilities of these players.  
Happy New Year when it comes.  

20 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

best ppv ive bought this season..well done the QOS lads...much better than the drivel on deetv.

I do think ours is more than fine but Queens coverage today has been the best so far. Might not be any consolation to their fans right enough. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I do think ours is more than fine but Queens coverage today has been the best so far. Might not be any consolation to their fans right enough. 

ive not got an issue with the picture quality on deetv...its the fact that whoever does the commentry stops commenting for large periods of the game...the QOS boy seemed to have no problem bringing up facts about players anytime nothing was happening...also instant replays etc...much much better than our coverage 

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

You could have thought the coverage was done by us with the way the boy was talking about Charlie Adam

probably supports rangers as his big team 🤣...the boy knew adam was the best player on the park by miles..i laughed when he said that adam has proven himself at this level then quickly corrected himself to say that hes proven himself at a much higher level....fairplay to ..the boy he did a decent job doing the commentary

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

best ppv ive bought this season..well done the QOS lads...much better than the drivel on deetv.

Hibs were the best so far. They use the same company as us, but the production was far better with multiple cameras and proper slow motion replays. While it might seem unfair to compare Championship to Premiership, that was a game that Sportscene didn't sent cameras to (unlike Premiership games) so I had gone into it expecting similar coverage to our own.

This is the first league game I've paid for, but agree that the coverage was better than ours in terms of the stability of the connection and picture quality. With the iPad hooked up to the TV it was more than acceptable.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Hibs were the best so far. They use the same company as us, but the production was far better with multiple cameras and proper slow motion replays. While it might seem unfair to compare Championship to Premiership, that was a game that Sportscene didn't sent cameras to (unlike Premiership games) so I had gone into it expecting similar coverage to our own.

This is the first league game I've paid for, but agree that the coverage was better than ours in terms of the stability of the connection and picture quality. With the iPad hooked up to the TV it was more than acceptable.

i didnt get the 1-0 defeat to hibs due to having the fear of a tanking....i watched that today on my 50 inch tv and it was decent....even when boys got booked they flashed it up as so and so booked..the boy doing the commentary didnt stop unlike dee tv when you'd think the bloody tv has went to mute.

You could have thought the coverage was done by us with the way the boy was talking about Charlie Adam
probably supports rangers as his big team [emoji1787]...the boy knew adam was the best player on the park by miles..i laughed when he said that adam has proven himself at this level then quickly corrected himself to say that hes proven himself at a much higher level....fairplay to ..the boy he did a decent job doing the commentary
I've said this before but sometimes you just have to appreciate quality, especially in this division as it's a rarity. We go on a lot about Dobbie, probably because we still can't believe we ever possessed such a quality player but even if he tore us apart I'm sure a lot of our supporters would appreciate it (in an odd way). I love watching players at this level who have played at a higher level. They just use class even as they age. Latapy was a player I loved seeing at Palmerston for that reason and Stevie Tosh was similar for us. I'd have appreciated Adam if we were at the game today as well even though he bossed our midfield.
ive not got an issue with the picture quality on deetv...its the fact that whoever does the commentry stops commenting for large periods of the game...the QOS boy seemed to have no problem bringing up facts about players anytime nothing was happening...also instant replays etc...much much better than our coverage 
The boy did really well today. There is normally another guy along with him and they bounce off each other really well.

Hibs, like all but one of the Premiership teams, have paid a fair bit of money to get a company in to handle all of the production, so I think you're right it's not a fair comparison.

And we had slow motion, thank you very much!

38 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Hibs, like all but one of the Premiership teams, have paid a fair bit of money to get a company in to handle all of the production, so I think you're right it's not a fair comparison

We use the same company, but obviously have fewer resources as our starting point.

For league games in the Premiership, the cameras are all provided by the BBC or Sky (except Celtic or "Rangers" home games not on Sky - they've always gone their own way). The production company then takes that feed. In the League Cup, non-televised games didn't have any 3rd party OBs, so even Premiership clubs had to do their own thing from scratch. Which is why I was impressed by the multi-camera coverage.

38 minutes ago, Mr X said:

And we had slow motion, thank you very much!

Was it slow motion? I know there was a "replay" graphic in the corner, but otherwise it looked to be 1x speed. There was a point where I was distracted, looked back and was shouting for the pass to be made...only to then notice "replay" in the corner...

17 minutes ago, The Master said:

We use the same company, but obviously have fewer resources as our starting point.

For league games in the Premiership, the cameras are all provided by the BBC or Sky (except Celtic or "Rangers" home games not on Sky - they've always gone their own way). The production company then takes that feed. In the League Cup, non-televised games didn't have any 3rd party OBs, so even Premiership clubs had to do their own thing from scratch. Which is why I was impressed by the multi-camera coverage.

Was it slow motion? I know there was a "replay" graphic in the corner, but otherwise it looked to be 1x speed. There was a point where I was distracted, looked back and was shouting for the pass to be made...only to then notice "replay" in the corner...

Some where normal speed but some parts were in slo-mo