Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ross County's Next Permanent Manager?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m also a fan of Yogi as he is a genuinely brilliant coach but this is a terrible appointment. He is going to spend the rest of this season getting the players used to his style of football rather than getting the results they need. 

So there it is then - John Hughes confirmed by the club’s twitter. Would’ve loved to have seen Tommy Wright given the job but ultimately I think he’s holding out for a bigger club and highly doubt he would’ve wanted the County gig. Hughes will take a lot of slate purely from his club past but when you think of what he did with Caley, taking a mediocre team at the time changing their whole style of play and building what was a fantastic base that should’ve done better things had it not been for disastrous appointments by a fud of a chairman. His sides play good football and I think with the players he has at his disposal he will be able to adopt that style.

Put it this way, I would’ve far preferred Hughes over Adams again. Personal opinion of course and we will see in the long run how good the appointment is but for me, Roy could’ve done a lot worse than he has.

I think he will do ok.  He did brilliantly with Terry Butcher's squad.  Just don't let him sign any players, or you'll be in League One in 18 months along with The Caley.

Yogi last seen leading Raith Rovers from 8th in the championship to league one via a playoff defeat against Brechin. That season was comedy gold, he fell out with everyone and ended starting Ryan Stevenson in goals. Complete heads gone.

This is great news for the rest of the league.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

I'm genuinely shocked at this, this was the chance for the club to stop taking the piss. 

To be fair, it was always going to be someone with history with The Caley.  Is was either going to be Hughes, Butcher or Richard Foran.

On 19/12/2020 at 17:51, RandomGuy. said:

Someone shit who won't turn your season around, hopefully.

Turns out Christmas is the time for wishes to come true.

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

So there it is then - John Hughes confirmed by the club’s twitter. Would’ve loved to have seen Tommy Wright given the job but ultimately I think he’s holding out for a bigger club and highly doubt he would’ve wanted the County gig. Hughes will take a lot of slate purely from his club past but when you think of what he did with Caley, taking a mediocre team at the time changing their whole style of play and building what was a fantastic base that should’ve done better things had it not been for disastrous appointments by a fud of a chairman. His sides play good football and I think with the players he has at his disposal he will be able to adopt that style.

Put it this way, I would’ve far preferred Hughes over Adams again. Personal opinion of course and we will see in the long run how good the appointment is but for me, Roy could’ve done a lot worse than he has.

You missed the mark with his time at Caley. He inherited a very good team and made them better while completely changing the style of football. When the squad broke up after the cup final win he did a terrible job of the recruitment. Don’t get me wrong he had us as a comfortable mid-table team when he left, which we would all be delighted at now, but he gave us some great short term success which was never going to be sustained.

Football is weird. Could have appointed Wright and still get relegated.

I'd say it's a ballsy move considering what happened at Raith. They had about a 20 point head start over us, managed to beat us and still finished below us in the Championship. Raith were a bit of a mess though. County have some decent players.

I don't see Hughes as a fixer upper or a patch up manager but time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Yogi last seen leading Raith Rovers from 8th in the championship to league one via a league one playoff defeat against Brechin.
This is great news for the rest of the league.

A Brechin team who then went a whole season without winning a game.

John Hughes as a short-term appointment when your manager has left for another job because the team is doing well and you just need someone to keep a strong and confident squad ticking over is fine, and he might even push you onto the next level in those circumstances by getting a bit extra out of that squad with motivation and pashun.

John Hughes getting a job when your manager has left due to being shite and putting you in a relegation battle, where a squad low on confidence needs to be turned around and possibly overhauled in the transfer window too, is going to be a fucking disaster. This is going to rival McStay and Coyle for Ross County's worst ever manager.