Stranraer v Albion Rovers

Great to see local fans starting to return to Stair Park. Lots of hard work has gone in behind the scenes, so hopefully all goes well on and off the park.

I'm expecting a tough game, with Rovers taking confidence from an excellent win against Elgin City and Matthew Aitken looking a threat up top.

Other than a sloppy second half at Ochilview we've looked good in recent weeks, so it'll be interesting to see if Faz makes any changes with the likes of Stirling, Hilton and Elliott all champing at the bit.

Good win in the end.

At last it seems we have the players that can score goals for us.

I really like ORR and PATON.

They work their socks off for the team.

DUFFY is just a proven goal scorer and both of these youngsters must be learning so much off him.

Into the play offs tonight and bang in form.

Merry Christmas fellow BLUES fans far and wide.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

Crowd of 150 today. No fans from outside dg allowed and we have several from the central belt Ayrshire and other areas that would have been there. I know loads who just watched from home. People not going on a wet windy day. Some season ticket holders watching streaming in fitba bar in town.

However I do agree the crowd was pitiful. What can u do. Their loss as as we are now in lockdown. At least by next match if and when we come out of lockdown we will have had a test event.

Edited by Blue1870

As for the game both teams struggled in the windy conditions in the first half. 2nd half we were ruthless and played really well apart from the spell when rovers got a pen. Some cracking goals. Highlights tomorrow with footage from a few different angles.

Players did well to battle against wind and underfoot conditions. Tbh at half time I couldn’t have forecast a 4-0 win, but we got a goal within 2 minutes of the restart and there was only going to be one winner after that. The Rovers defence which had kept us out so effectively in the first half was breached and they had to come out further in the search for goals to get back into the game.

Our forwards look as if they might score in any attack and I enjoyed the fact that - for the second time this season - it was 4 goals from 4 different forward players. Lovely to see Cammy Elliott score just minutes after his playing return from injury started. And young Yates was denied a goal by some good last-ditch defending.

Penalty save from Greg and we were well-organised from back to front.

Keep it going...