Cowden v Brechin Basement Battle

Big game tomorrow. 

From a Brechin perspective, Cowden are realistically one of the only two clubs which we could finish higher than at the end of the season, and a win will see us leap frog the Blue Brazil and go into Christmas NOT bottom of the SPFL.  What a superb Christmas present for the Brechin faithful that would be.  However, although not quite a must win at this stage of the season, a defeat would be nothing less than an utter whoor.  For Cowden on the other hand, it's a big chance to open up a greater lead over the basement boys who are breathing heavily down their necks despite Brechin's much mocked start to the season.  However, the memories of 10th place (and a resultant penalty shoot out against East Kilbride) are still all too fresh in the mind, and there's no room for complacency...

5 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Two goals, clean sheet, three points, no bookings. Nice.

I thought it would be a grim bottom of the league battle, but it turned out to be a comfortable win for Cowden. 

First time I'd seen  Gavin Morrison, the big lad from Brora who has a big reputation up in the North, where I live. He's very impressive in midfield. Kavanagh also caught the eye. Our stand-in Our stand-n goalie was also very impressive.. We looked solid at the back, with Mango and Jamie Todd outstanding.

We've made a rocky start to the season .Onwards and upwards

7 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
13 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:
keep the faith

We've been saying that for the past 4 years.

This year is the absolute last chance and it was fucked up yet again at the start of the season by keeping Mark Wilson the man that thought Page was the man to captain the team. But I believe there is new thinking within the committee to  reverse things there is only a VERY short window to do this, I believe lots happening behind the scenes to get in the players in that are required. That is why I say keep the faith

Mon the City