Elgin v Stenhousemuir

We had a poor record v Stenny last season. I agree it's tough to call and also think it could be a crucial weekend with Edinburgh playing the Binos, it could be extremely tight by Saturday night or equally ourselves and Stirling might have opened up a wee gap.

Will depend on which Stenhousemuir side turns up today. Will be interesting to see how the team plays without Tapping. Everything has went through him but last week after he was sent off we seemed more adventurous. Much will depend on Ryan Waters. Will settle for a draw.

A brilliant goal by Hester to liven up a pretty stop-start game then Soapy did well to stab home after what seemed like 5 shots blocked in a row. Peters seems to be getting better with every game and Spark is such a dependable player. Stenny have barely troubled us but we were 2-0 up there last season and ended up throwing it away so not getting ahead of myself. They have a lot of very handy players but as a team seem pretty prone to hoofing it to no one.

A well earned win that really came off the back of a strong 15 or so minutes prior to half time. I think in previous years we would've gone chasing more goals in the second half, which might have come had we done so, but instead slowed the game down and took very few risks which is something we failed to do so often last year with all those late goals. Although not as entertaining to watch it was certainly effective and the we were the only team that really looked like scoring in the second half. A very satisfying 3 points.

Hester had another very good game and if he'd scored that volley would've had one of the better doubles on the weak foot I've seen anyone score. I'm delighted Sopel is starting to prove me wrong, he looks much more confident and very much capable of being in our starting XI. I think he offers more defensively than O'Keefe too. Back 4 very solid as well, Spark kept up his first half form and I thought Cooper had a very solid game too.

I didn't see the red card clearly so can't comment on that but the commentator suggested it was harsh. Also Jonathan Tiffoney is one of the least likeable opposition players I've come across in recent times. He spent the whole game pushing and barging into people.

Good result today after the last game with albion rovers and great to hear that hester signed an extension and also the news with tony dingwall to after all the seasons that elgins been in this league i think this is the strongest team weve had yet 

Excellent performance and result today. After last weeks performance I hoped for a positive reaction but Stenny have had a very decent season far so I was a bit surprised (pleasantly) at how comfortable it was over 90 mins.

Best defensive display of the season for me - looked really assured against a forward line that could be a real handful if they got on top. Midfield were good in attack and defence (soapy well worth MOTM in my opinion) and the forwards ran themselves into the ground (Hester was brilliant today - New contract signed puts Elgin in a very good position because other clubs in higher leagues must be having a look at him). 

Stenny look like they have some very decent players but maybe suspensions and the clash of heads to both centre halfves meant they weren’t quite on it (thought the red card at the end was a bit harsh too)

Looks like it may be a while until we can attend BB again so nice to finish the year with a good positive performance and result.

Solid performance today after a slow start. I thought the back four and the goalie were excellent but the whole team worked hard. Osadolor seems out of favour but Iwould like to see him supporting Hester in a central striker support role as he worked well  there last year Do not agree with comments on Peters who struggles to find space in that area behind Kane and is struggling to hold up the ball. Looks like it will be  a while before we are back to games. Hope there is not a ban on football again

We were fine until the clash of heads but after that were on a hiding to nothing.

Missing Smith, Yeats, Little, Tapping, Hoppy and Muir. That's 6 guarenteed starters (plus Kane) and no one at this level (apart from QP) can cope with that I'm afraid.

Just need to battle on as best we can but I think we will be off the play off race until those problems clear up.

At least we have the safety net of the two pub teams in the league so are in no danger of going down.