East Fife v Forfar

HT
East Fife 1-0 Forfar Athletic
Should be so much more, it’s a very one sided game, Brett Long hasn’t touched the ball , Forfar haven’t had a single attempt on goal yet, on or off target!!!
So many wasteful chances as we’ve been camped out in Forfar’s half, with hardly any attempts forcing a save out of McCallum, I reckon Hamilton actually scored with the hardest chance!!!
It’s a pity we’re only one up as it leaves the game pretty knife-edged, especially if Forfar come out reacting to the bollocking they’re obviously going to be getting in the dressing room!!!
Anyway, so far it’s all East Fife, but there’s not much end product from us even with all the possession we’re getting!!!
Defence needs to stay awake right from the start of the second half and surely we’re going to score again???
IMG_1608393242.485782.jpg

Bought into the game I thought the better team won. I have to admit that I turned the sound off and had an afternoon of watching football listening to Pink Floyd. The music was actually better than the fare on offer sorry lads. The video footage was very good,and East Fife took their goals well. I thought Fofar were toothless and really needed someone on the pitch to gee them up. All in all I enjoyed some of it but not a lot of it.

FT

East Fife 2-0 Forfar Athletic

It should have been a lot lot more, our finishing was woeful and Forfar were an absolute gang, think the stats guys were being very kind to them saying that that attempt they had counted as a shot!!!

Today was a day for getting the goal difference sorted and we didn’t take it BUT it was still one of the most convincing victories I’ve seen for a long time and another clean sheet so not all bad I suppose!!!

Watt added a bit of drive and impetus that we’ve missed for a while, definitely takes an MotM awards going but he’ll probably get dropped next week, thought Denholm missed the most chances of all and his general link up play was pretty poor, but he scored another tap in so he’ll probably start again next week, the wee cameo from King Kev should be showing Danny how he should be playing in that position, his linking between defence and attack was excellent, it was like he’d played the whole 90!!!

But like I said 3 points and a clean sheet, so really shouldn’t be complaining but...

IMG_1608397386.375982.thumb.jpg.16e4fb64d0a3d6418c41a6e5292fd812.jpg

That was really very comfortable and really should have been much more convincing. Forfar on that showing are in big, big trouble and 10th place looks odds on. Liam Watt and Chris Higgins were top performers today. Now what chances of a performance on a grass pitch next week. 

3 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

That was really very comfortable and really should have been much more convincing. Forfar on that showing are in big, big trouble and 10th place looks odds on. 

Unfortunately not just that performance, didn’t buy/ watch because this was utterly predictable. Those stats are horrible but completely representative of how we are set up and playing all season.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Looking forward to Jack coming back and starting up front for us in January :D No idea why he didn’t go to a championship side when he’d been playing at that level before

Nope. take the big German instead you have out onloan but yous should be fine with what you have.

3 hours ago, troy said:

A one sided game but East Fife should have scored a lot more goals. One complaint about the commentary. Could you please stop shouting when East Fife get near the opposing goals. The dogs still trying to recover. 

You should try sitting next him! I’ll never ask anyone to curb their enthusiasm

You should try sitting next him! I’ll never ask anyone to curb their enthusiasm

If anyone can you can Liam, you’ve got the same haircut as Larry David!!![emoji6]