Hibernian v Dundee Utd

46 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

The bed wetters are out in force. On another day it would have been 5 and we would be all praising Ross for a masterclass. Great goalkeeping and poor finishing cost us today, nothing more nothing less. I expected a better game from United but they were poor. Will be the luckiest point they will gain all season.

I wouldn’t count on it. That’s been our m.o. all season. 

56 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

That enough for you? 

Hes won you nothing and Mcinnes has his number.

He was shite at Sunderland and still is  

Truth of it

Well, no.  But it's the actual position at this minute in time.  He's at Hibs now, and as of today he is in a stronger position than Aberdeen, making your rambling pish even less relevant than usual.  

Is this a little difficult for you to comprehend? 

48 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

That enough for you? 

Hes won you nothing and Mcinnes has his number.

He was shite at Sunderland and still is  

Truth of it

He put the bulk of the Alloa side together who are punching above their weight in the championship.He then saved St Mirren from an almost certain relegation to league one and followed it up by winning the league.He took the job at the basket case that is Sunderland and almost got them promoted via the playoffs.Given that they currently sit eleventh in league one getting rid of him has certainly worked ;Not.Hibs are third in the premier and in the last four of the league cup.If he is shite McInnes should have been binned years ago for his non achievments at Aberdeen.

We definitely stole a point there, but we’ll of course take it. 

Mellon does have the 442-wingers-attack thing available to him but I think he’s married to our back 3 playing together and wanting Clark-McNulty-Shankland to all start.. 

ditch it, 442 v Killie. Have a go ffs 

8 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Benji best goalkeeper in league. Facts. 

I hadnt seen much of him, but had heard he was  very good.

I think he is better than very good on yesterdays evidence.

3 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Mellon does have the 442-wingers-attack thing available to him but I think he’s married to our back 3 playing together and wanting Clark-McNulty-Shankland to all start.. 

I have no idea why Mellon started like that - and why he persisted for so long. Its irrelevant having the 3 attacking players on the park if there is no supply. You definitely played better when the wide players arrived.

I would also question removing Clark as the sub - it was Shankland that was contributing nothing.

6 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Come on now, we'd be at serious risk of scoring more than one goal in a single game and maybe,  just maybe, enjoying the performances.

Crazy stuff.

7 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

I totally agree. The stats are horrendous for the 3 centrebacks being on the pitch. We play so much better with four at the back. Refuse to call it 3.at the back as no matter the intent it IS 5 at the back we are playing.

It showed that we were starting to do OK until the management took fright and went all defensive to avoid loosing, rather than going out to win. Don't know what has to happen for Mellon to see what everyone else can see.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

I have no idea why Mellon started like that - and why he persisted for so long. Its irrelevant having the 3 attacking players on the park if there is no supply. You definitely played better when the wide players arrived.

I would also question removing Clark as the sub - it was Shankland that was contributing nothing.

That's pretty much the view of all United fans. I, and I'll guarantee I'm not alone, am getting sick of it. The enjoyment of watching the team play is gone, it's a chore to watch. He keeps sending the team out to not lose.

We didn't start the season like that, but he has taken fright. The stats all show a massive difference between goals scored and points won, when playing 442 and 532(let's face it, it is never only 3 at the back). 

He came he and said the type of football he wanted to play, we are now playing something different from that where by we are the cause of most of our issues by being so passive and defensive, giving the ball away to the opposition as our only means of attack seems to be an aimless punt to the opposition's defense, every bloody game!

If we'd actually go and try and win a game from the start we might actually do it!!

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

We didn't start the season like that, but he has taken fright

Yip. IIRC, the first match we played you this season you used at least one winger and it worked - Doidge scored a fantastic goal, but apart from that there was little between the teams.

First half yesterday - but for the aforementioned excellent keeping - it could have been 3 zip.

Odd also to see that weird defensive setup alongside 3 very attack minded front men !!

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

This.  

we were fucking murder with three at the back, and Big Ben stopped us from getting a absolute hiding, he’s stuck with this for months and I have no doubts about it, if he doesn’t change to 442 we will be back down in the championship, we offer absolutely nothing

Mcmullan and Bolton came on and within 3 mins had a shot on target and 3 corners

If Mellon goes with three at back on Wednesday and we get beat, it’s time for him to go imo 

10 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Well, no.  But it's the actual position at this minute in time.  He's at Hibs now, and as of today he is in a stronger position than Aberdeen, making your rambling pish even less relevant than usual.  

Is this a little difficult for you to comprehend? 

Nope.

Is the fact hes proven hes a shit manager over a number of years rather than just the last few months hard for you to comprehend (still lost comfortably twice to Aberdeen in that time)?

By youre reckoning if we win today and overtake you hes back beneath Mcinnes? 

Simpletons down your way. No surprise really. 

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nope.

Is the fact hes proven hes a shit manager over a number of years rather than just the last few months hard for you to comprehend (still lost comfortably twice to Aberdeen in that time)?

By youre reckoning if we win today and overtake you hes back beneath Mcinnes? 

Simpletons down your way. No surprise really. 

Let's see what happens come the end of the season, bawbag.

Until then why don't you f**k off to your own threads and stop hanging about in Hibs ones like a pub bore.