Hibernian v Dundee Utd

With the long run of away fixtures over I’ll be glad to have my Saturday in front of the telly with a beer without having to pay for the game, our next PPV game is actually to be the away game against Utd which is scheduled for January but will get moved for the League Cup semi’s, depending on when it’s moved to, our next may well be St Mirren in the 2nd of February, but on the other hand we have to listen to David Tanner regularly, thems the breaks.

Fingers crossed for 3 points, doubt there’ll be many goals, we’ve been pretty poor at home and I’d take a 1-0 Hibs, Doidge to head the ball off the post from an open goal and it to come back and hit him in the puss and go in.

Edited by Les Cabbage

3 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Fingers crossed for 3 points, doubt there’ll be many goals, we’ve been pretty poor at home and I’d take a 1-0 Hibs, Doidge to head the ball off the post from an open goal and it to come back and hit him in the puss and go in.

I'm at the stage where I'd be disappointed if Doidge ever scores a 30-yard screamer. His is an alternative goalscoring aesthetic, where the beauty is not in the power and precision of the cleanly taken strike, but instead, the convoluted route the ball takes from foot/head to goal net. The best Doidge goals are the ones where he takes multiple shots straight at the keeper until one goes in, or the goals that bounce across the line off the most obscure body part of an opposing team member, or preferably, a match official. The ideal Christian Doidge showreel video is one that contains 25 goals taken from the same season which leaves the viewer convinced he's a talentless fraud who gets lucky a lot.

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I'm at the stage where I'd be disappointed if Doidge ever scores a 30-yard screamer. His is an alternative goalscoring aesthetic, where the beauty is not in the power and precision of the cleanly taken strike, but instead, the convoluted route the ball takes from foot/head to goal net. The best Doidge goals are the ones where he takes multiple shots straight at the keeper until one goes in, or the goals that bounce across the line off the most obscure body part of an opposing team member, or preferably, a match official. The ideal Christian Doidge showreel video is one that contains 25 goals taken from the same season which leaves the viewer convinced he's a talentless fraud who gets lucky a lot.

It’s all in his cunning plan to hit double figures for us every season for the rest of his career without generating enough interest for a  richer club to come in and convince Ron Gordon to sell because he wants to play for us forever, you’ve got to hand it to the guy, Hibs as f**k.

11 hours ago, Aim Here said:

The Pablo Picasso of scoring shinners

13 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s all in his cunning plan to hit double figures for us every season for the rest of his career without generating enough interest for a  richer club to come in and convince Ron Gordon to sell because he wants to play for us forever, you’ve got to hand it to the guy, Hibs as f**k.

Looking forward to him signing for Livi when he turns 32..

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Just how I feel: understand why Mellon uses the tactics employed given the general quality of the experienced players he's inherited, but the thought of watching the game, which I will, doesn't contribute enthusiasm.

I think we've got some good players. Micky notwithstanding.

32 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Magennis in for Wright, Nisbet in for Gullan, nothing else changed apparently.

That seems a better set up from the start. Perhaps Gullan off the bench later, seems better as n impact sub at the moment.