Cove vs Clyde

Just now, sydney said:

Can’t believe that’s actually our first away league win since October 2019 at Falkirk. Hadn’t quite appreciated it was that long. 

We had only scored one away goal in the league since then.

Cuddihy reminds me of Mclay and Smiddy. Players who strolled the league below and just not enough for next level. Hence why Andy Millen and Potters stepped in...

Cuddihy rightly won POTY and crackin lad but if he was being honest probably not got the quick touch and awareness for centre mid in a hard league...

After Montrose game i said they will do very well (Since then they weve last 3) and teams like peterhead or dumbarton i would expect closer to us are winning more than their losing...

We need one or two quality players in Jan. Their wages will be worth it than returnin to the league of death...

Listen up Board or serious investment (ST and Lottery ticlets excluded like me) Just Deal with it cos another potential 10year in L2 is not what we deserve after the pain and heartache we all went thro that day in May...

Short term pain. Long term gain..

Yer Mithers Pride[emoji173][emoji836][emoji835]

20 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Don't want to be negative when we win, but Cuddihy excellent at full back? Not in the games I have watched. What is not in doubt is that he does not look good enough for midfield.

he was poty playing  at right back - but yeah you don’t want to be negative 

Cuddihy was outstanding at right-back in League Two, in a team which dominated the ball in most games. He was found wanting last season because that no longer continued to be the case; he also lacks the burst of pace over 10 yards required to be effective there at this level. He's got a bit of a thankless task at the moment having to protect the middle of the defence pretty much on his tod, I think he'd be okay with a dedicated (and competent) sitter next to him and deployed in more of a shuttling role himself. His ceiling though in terms of being at a good side at this level is as a squad player who can cover a few positions, though. Similar to McNiff, who was also handed a mad two-year deal after promotion. Rumsby isn't even at that level, IMO, despite having a strong season for us in L2 himself. 

Cuddihy was outstanding at right-back in League Two, in a team which dominated the ball in most games.

I don't think he was ever outstanding or even very good. Competent I think

I think his performane level was exaggerated as he looked much better than the dreadful Duffie, the terrible Phil Johnston, out of position Lang and others that failed to impress in that position as well as the support recognising he was a midfielder playing right back.

We've not had a decent right back for years.

I think reducing him to merely competent when he won POTY that season ahead of the likes of Goodwillie, Rankin and Grant is a tad harsh. He won it on merit and there wasn't exactly contention around him having won it at the time. Bit harsh on Duffie as well, who was never a stand out but filled in more than competently for us while he was with us in League Two. A complete ringer in League One, but he turned in a lot of steady performances for us before that.

Cuddihy was very good in League 2. Has had the odd good game in general in League 1 but on the whole he’s not quite good enough.

Duffie was shite. Majorly struggled last season. Genuinely don’t remember him having a stand out or even good game for us. Average would be as good as he got. Shame it didn’t work out, though. He came with a decent reputation after his time at Falkirk.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Cuddihy was very good in League 2. Has had the odd good game in general in League 1 but on the whole he’s not quite good enough.

Duffie was shite. Majorly struggled last season. Genuinely don’t remember him having a stand out or even good game for us. Average would be as good as he got. Shame it didn’t work out, though. He came with a decent reputation after his time at Falkirk.

Was a fantastic right back for us. About ten years since he left and we still have never replaced him. Injury fecked him unfortunately.