Cove vs Clyde

Looking forward to the game at the weekend. Cove will be up for it after a few poor results in recent weeks. Will Megginson be back? He seems to be a key player and a sure contender for the Capocannoniere.

As for Clyde I presume Dave Mitchell will return in the sticks thankfully as will Mcniff? Some good forward play last week again. Here is hoping Goodie can get a goal for us.

1-1 

Edited by TheBigGuy

Cove have won all but one league game at home and we haven't won away from home in over a year.

In previous seasons when we had a bad run at least you were catching up with pals or had a couple of pints but it's pretty tedious watching us get beat on a stream. Don't think I'll be bothering to watch the game.

14 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

I think our chances depend on Mitchell being back in goals, and Cove not having Megginson, MacAllister @ Fyvie all playing.

I would still back us to concede 2 or 3 even if Mitchell is playing and even if all 3 of they Cove players are missing. 

14 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

I think our chances depend on Mitchell being back in goals, and Cove not having Megginson, MacAllister @ Fyvie all playing.

I think there's a fear of Cove that's been built up a wee bit more than it deserves. They have some decent players but Fyvie looked a player well past his best last week, unsure if he's just lacking fitness or whatever but I think people fear his name more than his actual ability. I think a lot of people expect them to play teams off the park too but I felt last week it was just a physical game, which suited us. They're on a bit of a poor run right now and I'd expect Goodwillie to give their defence problems.

McAllister has been done for a couple of years as well. That said, if we start Rumsby he'll have a field day.

We are so bad that I'm on the verge of saying we should actually start Nicoll. Bench Lamont, Love and Rumsby.

If they are physical team then would be the game to play Nicoll although he is done at this level.

Presuming Mitchell and McNiff will be back. Would have Howie and Lang is the centre back pairing but for whatever reason Lennon doesn't seem to fancy that so would play McNiff. Rumsby gives away for too many needless fouls coupled with our inability to defend a set pieces and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

We should be scoring more with Syvertsen, Cummingham and Goodwillie in the side but that hasn't happened either.

9 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I would still back us to concede 2 or 3 even if Mitchell is playing and even if all 3 of they Cove players are missing. 

Cove's last 6 games - W 1  D1  L4    Goals For - 3     Goals against - 8.

Unless they're back to full strength, there's no reason why we should be so negative about this game.

14 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Are there any Cove fans on this forum?

Yeah one (me) literally. Easily about 750 fans at most of the home games last season but none of them see to use P&B.

Mitch and Rory are fit and ready for action today. I echo what others say about Rory, he's past it but he benefits from Mitch's work rate and can get poacher finishers. For me he should be a bench warmer. Clearly Mitch is hugely influential for our goal tally, link up and team dynamic. Without him we struggle and did so against Dumbarton and Montrose.

Coming off of LDLL in our last 4 home games so there will be a huge determination to get to winning ways. We need to strengthen in January as our signings over the last 12 months have been poor.

Our full strength starting XI is strong and we can play some nice passing free flowing stuff. Our weakness is there's nothing on the bench to turn things around. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

24 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah one (me) literally. Easily about 750 fans at most of the home games last season but none of them see to use P&B.

Mitch and Rory are fit and ready for action today. I echo what others say about Rory, he's past it but he benefits from Mitch's work rate and can get poacher finishers. For me he should be a bench warmer. Clearly Mitch is hugely influential for our goal tally, link up and team dynamic. Without him we struggle and did so against Dumbarton and Montrose.

Coming off of LDLL in our last 4 home games so there will be a huge determination to get to winning ways. We need to strengthen in January as our signings over the last 12 months have been poor.

Our full strength starting XI is strong and we can play some nice passing free flowing stuff. Our weakness is there's nothing on the bench to turn things around. 

Thanks. Was looking for info on Megginson purely for betting purposes. 

Our record up north is abysmal. Having said that though, if Cove do like to play football, that suits us more than a tough and physical side. 

Would definitely take a point from this.

27 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Thanks. Was looking for info on Megginson purely for betting purposes. 

Our record up north is abysmal. Having said that though, if Cove do like to play football, that suits us more than a tough and physical side. 

Would definitely take a point from this.

My betting record isn't the best and I've backed my team. For what's it worth I've gone for;

Cove, Montrose, Partick all HT/FT - 13/1

25 minutes ago, resk said:

Pretty decent day for fitba in Aberdeen.  I think the home team will get a much-needed win today although they will probably have to work for it.  2-1 Cove.  

I'm hoping for a huge response from Cove today. Last week against Dumbarton, with no striker, was the worst performance I've seen from us in years. 

I think Cove will score a few today. No Scott Ross at RB thank God and Rory starts on the bench which I think is a good move. Interested to see how Seb Ross fairs. He has a bit to prove. 

Very glad to see Broque on the bench. He's very poor in my opinion

Edited by CoveRangers1922