Edinburgh Castle v Stirling Castle

Two famous Cities come head to head in a table top game.

Stirling have improved from last season and pose a threat to any team in Division 2, can they score goals to match their robust defence? 

Edinburgh have shown they can score but can they prevent leakage of goals too?  

Interesting tie which I will not predict personally as this seems to be fruitful to the Citizens.  But feel free to predict an exciting game which will be live on Edinburgh TV.   

We've yet to beat any of the other 4 teams that are in and about the top/play-off positions (3 draws and a loss), so now would be a good time to remedy that. City probably the form team in the division atm.

No prediction, because, well, it is League 2 after all. 

IMG_20191221_151004879.thumb.jpg.94972841d681ef7a314e13e6791775b2.jpg

Round about this time last year and Santa had rounded up some naughty girls and boys and subjected them to the Binos v City.

Ah, the days of crowds at the football..in normal circumstances I would be putting on my "Bah Humbug" hat and sit girning like a City supporting Scrooge.

Stirling Albion are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year. The only Scottish club to be formed as a result of a Luftwaffe raid I believe Edinburgh City were early visitors to the newly built Annfield while Stirling were the last visitors to Meadowbank.

I'll take a point out of this one while hoping for 3. The Binos should be among favourites to get a play off place and are a tough nut to crack 

Tough game on Saturday for the Binos, against a City side who will fancy their chances after the draw last week away to Queens Park.

Both teams will be looking to get something from this game, reckon it will finish in a draw.

Excellent first half from the Binos. Ryan especially causing all sorts of problems for Edinburgh in the first half. 

Quite like the boy commentating, like watching a game with my dad. Particularly liked his patter along the lines of "City need to start playing. They're not playing out there, just kicking the ball about."  Top lad. 

Good win in the end but oh 2nd half 3-0 up from the first and we struggle to hang on. Still it’s another 3 points from a place we normally struggle to get anything. Happy Christmas to all Binos everywhere, hard luck City hope you have a good New Year.

We hung on for the win but I was disappointed we didn't add goals in the second half. 

Our midfield went very deep and left Ryan and Byrne with a lot of ground to cover.

The live stream wasn't bad but there were a few technical issues. Lost the last 10 minutes due to the picture locking.

3 hours ago, headthebaw said:

We hung on for the win but I was disappointed we didn't add goals in the second half. 

Our midfield went very deep and left Ryan and Byrne with a lot of ground to cover.

The live stream wasn't bad but there were a few technical issues. Lost the last 10 minutes due to the picture locking.

Same with me. I would have been slightly peeved if we'd equalised...

49 minutes ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Was that a terracing being built Spartan’s ground?

My mole tells me they're building a couple of stands there rather than covered Terracing.

Spartans don't really have to build them based on their current Lowland League crowds and they can open the terracing under current Scottish Cup rules so I have to give our lovely landlords much credit for ambitious ground improvements