I can’t believe they signed him

PIp6H4Y.jpg&key=87efa3d5bdfc1064f01e8146d0ab6ffd3daf06ec9ec8894fed0de065a4d0aa92

what a difference a few hundred miles and a land border makes, seen as quality in Alba, but ask a Manc and the only word that would be used is Shite

He played two games for them at the age of 36 as an emergency signing which was clearly also partly a bit of showboating from Ferguson. I doubt they have that strong an opinion of him.

This might seem a strange one, given he's one of the names most synonymous with the club in recent times, but to add to the Motherwell ones above, I'd probably say James McFadden, when he first came back.

Obviously he hadn't kicked on since recovering from his ACL injury, but I still thought it something of a coup that having recently been back at Everton and at Sunderland, that we managed to get him until the end of the season.

When he first came back, once he was up to speed he looked class. Ran the show in a 4-1 win against Hibs, scored a cracking free-kick against St. Mirren and inspired us to two wins against Celtic between February and May as we took second place.

It was thought at that point that he would then be back down south or further afield and looking back on it, then would have been the perfect close to his time at the club. As it was, he ended up staying the following season and despite flashes of brilliance, his season was plagued by injury and inconsistency. Then by the time he came back again after a season at St. Johnstone, he broke his foot just as he was working his way back into the team. 

Had he not done his ACL at Birmingham, you do wonder how it would've worked out as if he hadn't, there would've been no chance he'd have been back at us at 29.

At St Mirren there've been a few WTF signings.  Wasn't that long ago we had Djemba Djemba and Anton Ferdinand on the books (not at the same time tho...).  

Signing the ex Spain captain was a huge shock.  Victor Muñoz was classy as f**k.  Think that was about the same time as we had Steve Archibald on a pay per goal deal.  He didn't cost us too much.  

Still have a man crush on Thomas Stickroth. 

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Lamie as well, I was mystified when you'd announced his pre contract - said as much on the Motherwell thread too I think

I know you've got a bit of a downer on Lamie but remember the Celtic game where he had Jullien in his back pocket?

Also cant believe you've posted on this thread without mentioning Anthony Stokes - if ever a signing astounded me; that was it. Predictable outcome though. 

Overall Maurice Johnston to Rangers. Remember being on holiday in Majorca at the time and it was front page news in the Daily MAjorcan (or whatever the local expat newsletter was called). 

For Hibs - Archibald.  He was only 2 years off playing in European Cup final for Barcelona when he joined us. 

38 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I know you've got a bit of a downer on Lamie but remember the Celtic game where he had Jullien in his back pocket?

Also cant believe you've posted on this thread without mentioning Anthony Stokes - if ever a signing astounded me; that was it. Predictable outcome though. 

Ahem.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

image.jpeg.34a8b84b0761bc31247b5a540a4d746d.jpegImage result for anthony stokes

Superb signings, both legends at Livi.

Yeah Lamie was ok at Livi, did a decent job as a utility LWB/LB/CB, but went down the pecking order with new players specifically signed to play in those positions. Plus we still have the consummate utility player in Jack McMillan for covering right and left defensive positions.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER