Basement battle: County vs Accies

Huge game for County and Kettlewell. If we get beaten in this, his jacket must be basically falling off the peg. 

After some laughably bad results Accies have done what Accies always seem to do, beating Killie and getting a point off Aberdeen. After beating Celtic in the cup we've lost twice.

I'd like to think we could nab three points here, but I'm not fully convinced we have any idea how to manage a game we need to win against a team who will surely be up for it.

Heart: 2-1 to County

Head: 1-1

The last time we were up at Dingwall just before Christmas. What a team we were back then.

This is the first of two massive games that we need six points from and it'll be interesting to see how we approach them with our recent uninspired, shitfesting style. I reckon Tunde or Winter and maybe Thomas will come in as well as Odoffin obviously.

Hamilton Academical, win this game!

On 15/12/2020 at 16:52, Forfinn said:

I'm not fully in the Ketts Out camp, but if we lose this it's hard to see how you justify keeping him on.

I'm not 100% in that camp yet either, but tonight's performance was another tent peg in the ground.

If we don't win on Saturday, then I think he'll be gone on Monday morning.

We're absolutely finished if we stick with him at this point. One of my favourite ever players but he's massively out of his depth. Defence constantly looks like conceding and our forwards don't score, I don't think a single player in the squad can say they've been good enough this season. 

Even if we beat accies and find a way to finish second bottom I still wouldn't back us in the play offs.

3 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

We're absolutely finished if we stick with him at this point. One of my favourite ever players but he's massively out of his depth. Defence constantly looks like conceding and our forwards don't score, I don't think a single player in the squad can say they've been good enough this season. 

Even if we beat accies and find a way to finish second bottom I still wouldn't back us in the play offs.

I honestly think we're worse than we were under Coyle right now.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I honestly think we're worse than we were under Coyle right now.

Genuine question; when was the last well worked goal County scored?  I can’t remember a goal that wasn’t a set piece, came from a mistake or a scrappy rebound.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Genuine question; when was the last well worked goal County scored?  I can’t remember a goal that wasn’t a set piece, came from a mistake or a scrappy rebound.  

I'm struggling to think of many in the top flight off the top of my head. Billy Mckay vs Aberdeen away? Chalmers away vs Hibs?

Take out the part about favourite ever player and change Accies to county in the second part and...

IMG_0512.jpg

10 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Absolutely agree. Does anyone honestly believe he’s the man to turn things around? It’s been the same turgid pish for well over a year now and I’m struggling to see any signs at all that things will improve.

Edited by Staggie_93