Arbroath vs Ayr United

Cannot see the manager making any change in formation, probably just change a player or two from last week's lineup and to be honest cannot see anything but a win for Ayr. If we cannot get a win or a point against other sides at the foot of the table it's highly unlikely that we can get anything from as side at the top end.

Hate to be pessimistic, but even with my maroon tinted glasses on it's hard to see us suddenly scoring a few goals, but you never know and even a point from a 0-0 would be welcome.

27 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Same team as the Alloa game for me - don't see any reason / need to change it

Yes, Smith in the team will make us a lot more potent up front and free up Moff to get between the lines. Just need some decent weather otherwise it'll be a lottery. The Lichties need a result so this won't be a walk in the park.  

If this was the summer or on a decent day on Astro I’d be expecting Smithy and Walsh wide with Murdock and Fleming central and Moff and Anderson up front . However it’s Arbroath on the north seas a week before Christmas . So Miller , Cameron  and McKenzie  May move towards deployment ....

11 minutes ago, North British said:

If this was the summer or on a decent day on Astro I’d be expecting Smithy and Walsh wide with Murdock and Fleming central and Moff and Anderson up front . However it’s Arbroath on the north seas a week before Christmas . So Miller , Cameron  and McKenzie  May move towards deployment ....

Who?

Cameron is out - took a knock in training

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

Signed up and ready to rock on Arbroath TV.
Looking forward to the stream. Hoping for some nautical updates should there be vessels passing by.

Personally, If the opening intro to the stream isn't the music to the shipping forecast them I'm out.

Need a home win tomorrow to avoid drifting further behind the pack.
A 1-0 win would do the trick, but ideally the strikers will take their chances and net a few goals.
We have a strong defence and midfield - but you need to score goals to win games.
A home win would be nice.
So have you lot been playing OK, and just lacking in goals?.

I think I'll purchase this stream tomorrow. But it's been bigged up something rotten so hopefully won't let us down.

Come on ayr!

The weather seems to have become an easily trotted out ready made excuse for a bad result at Arbroath I think - we haven't lost there in quite a few visits and the weather has ranged from absolutely perfect to bad enough for a half time postponement.   It looks like it will be windy but not to the extent that it makes the game a farce like the last time we went there, so I'd still be expecting us to go there and win (and I think we will).  If Arbroath win it will be because they have played better than we have and not by some fluke of nature.  

Considering how windy it can get at Somerset our fans have a cheek.  

The game at Arbroath that got called off at half time was bad but I'm not sold it was any worse than the home midweek game at Somerset last December.  

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The game at Arbroath that got called off at half time was bad but I'm not sold it was any worse than the home midweek game at Somerset last December.  

I missed that game at Somerset.

However, that game in February should never have started. The wind was shocking. How the ref continued the game when Arbroath scored direct from a corner I'll never know. Or when our goal kicks routinely came back at us for a attacking throw in. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Exactly - if we were at home and the weather forecast was the exact same for Ayr tomorrow (entirely possible) then our fans wouldn't be saying it's a lottery and a draw would be a good result etc.  Their park won't be any more bumpy than Somerset either.  Part of building a team that will be successful in the Scottish Championship has to include signing players that can win games in bad weather.

Although I do think the away game was the worst wind wise out of the two.  But still.