Thistle vs Peterhead - December 19th

Three wins and a draw from our last four league outings. We are starting to find some form and are looking more like a team that actually wants to win the title.  Defensively we are looking good, with five consecutive clean sheets, going forward we have been creating a lot of chances but not scoring enough.
Peterhead have won three times this season and I expect a difficult encounter. 
Simply we have to win this game, we can’t be dropping more points especially at home. 

At our best we can compete but have been a bit up & down. If their is any justice Frasers red card should be rescinded as at worst he gave the guy a dirty look after being kicked. Would think he would love to get one over on his former club but his performances have been up & down so far. We gave really struggled with injuries this season missing Si Ferry in midfield & our more physical for wards  in Ben Armour & Issac Layne  have been missing most weeks. Showed a couple weeks back at Falkirk competed well in the second half in particular & would need a similar performance at Firhill.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does Gary Fraser still have a shot every time he gets within 30 yards of goal?

Given his antics at Celtic Park, I won't even be annoyed if he comes back to haunt us.

He will have Ryan Conroy & Andrew McCarthy as old boys to keep him company. Seem to remember Gary hitting a 25 yarder at Balmoor against Raith last season saturday would not be a bad time to repeat it. 🤪 

29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

He will have Ryan Conroy & Andrew McCarthy as old boys to keep him company. Seem to remember Gary hitting a 25 yarder at Balmoor against Raith last season saturday would not be a bad time to repeat it. 🤪 

cant really remember conroy (think his best playing days were at Dens?) but iirc McCarthy was, while alrightish on the ball, slow as f**k and too easy to run past.

Little bit sad that Fraser never really made it big, scored a few vital goals for us.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does Gary Fraser still have a shot every time he gets within 30 yards of goal?

Given his antics at Celtic Park, I won't even be annoyed if he comes back to haunt us.

At least he's unlikely to hit any fans on this occasion...

Andy McCarthy - honest trier but never really saw much in him to justify how many games he got. Wasn’t fussed when he left.

Gary Fraser - he could have a right good game sometimes, just never found any consistency. Wasn’t helped by injuries and personal difficulties. Was quite sad that it never worked out for him with us. But we’ll always have Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Also, disappointed Paddy Boyle is away. For some reason I always liked him with us, even though I’m pretty sure I’m in a small minority on that one.

I thought he was one of the better contributors in a couple of bang average teams.

Fraser was brilliant at the start of the 2014/15 season, the 4-0 win over Ross County he put in as good a performance as you could wish to see, but then got injured and was never the same again.

I can't remember how I knew this but it was one of the few times I was genuinely eye tee kay, was told that his knee injury will never heal properly hence him coming back and getting injured on repeat. 

I believe if Fraser had never gotten that injury that affected the rest of his time with us, he could have gotten himself a decent move down south.

You have to remember when he was on his top form for us he was only 19/20 so he had so much time on his side. It is really sad to see how his career never took off the way it could have pre injury.

Edited by R&Y99

4 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Also, disappointed Paddy Boyle is away. For some reason I always liked him with us, even though I’m pretty sure I’m in a small minority on that one.

Had a good season for us last year, think his work situation changed so had to move nearer home, the other big loss we had close season was Jamie Stevenson who went to Kelty to cut down travel time.

Join us for episode 25 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s win at Forfar, preview our home game against Peterhead, talk about our impressive clean sheet record, chat about us moving up to 2nd place, talk about Shea Gordon’s impact against Forfar and we also have an interview with current Thistle defender Ciaran McKenna.