Reggie Perrin

Bairns v the Grandweans of Section B

Most likely to be associated with the carrier that the lights are secured to. Wouldn’t think it’s the actual pylon.

If it was that would be much easier to fix. With postponing games I would wager it will be a pretty serious issue.

Judging from the photo someone put on the COYB page it looks like they've taken the whole lighting rig off the top of the pylon. Not a small job but hopefully they can get it fixed/ reattached before the Partick game.

Who the feck in their right mind would pay to watch another club in the hoose.

You subscribed for the Thistle game today then?.....

19 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not a small job but hopefully they can get it fixed/ reattached before the Partick game.

I've no idea what they'll ultimately decide but it wouldn't surprise me if games were kicking off at twelve noon for a while to come. 

There are no home midweek games scheduled for this season so it might be better to do without until the summer. At which point we'll know what league we're playing in and whether we can budget for fans attending again. 

Then they can decide whether it's better to do a patch repair or maybe even renew the whole lighting system. 

We should be confident going into this game without being too cocky about it. 4 points from next 6 minimum would see us with a decent gap ahead of Partick. Finish above them and we'll win the league.

Looking forward to this, hoping to see if the hype around Tam Rab is deserved or not.
The results today were perfect for us but only mean anything if we're able to capitalise, we'd be in a fantastic position with at least 4 points from the next two.
I'd expect to see the same team starting from the Clyde game and hopefully Dowds/Sammon can start scoring.

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Judging from the photo someone put on the COYB page it looks like they've taken the whole lighting rig off the top of the pylon. Not a small job but hopefully they can get it fixed/ reattached before the Partick game.

For us without Facebook can you post the picture?

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it was that would be much easier to fix. With postponing games I would wager it will be a pretty serious issue.

Damage to the carrier frame, found to have stress fractures caused by poor design.

Given the two floodlights were bought/ constructed around 16 years ago they'll be well out of any sort of warranty or defects liability period. I imagine the club will have no option but to cough up, probably won't be cheap either

Between that, the undersoil heating and main stand roof problems we haven't had much luck with the stadium

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Given the two floodlights were bought/ constructed around 16 years ago they'll be well out of any sort of warranty or defects liability period. I imagine the club will have no option but to cough up, probably won't be cheap either

Between that, the undersoil heating and main stand roof problems we haven't had much luck with the stadium

Do the stadium company not foot the bill rather than the club?

Just now, keithgy said:

Do the stadium company not foot the bill rather than the club?

I had assumed it would be the club if we were responsible for the 'pitchside' assets, could be wrong though.

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I had assumed it would be the club if we were responsible for the 'pitchside' assets, could be wrong though.

I thought we were only classed as tenants and the stadium company was responsible for maintaining it?

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I thought we were only classed as tenants and the stadium company was responsible for maintaining it?

Usual lack of clarity in who owns what etc but I thought we owned everything to do with football . Ie the main stand bits facing the pitch, the pitch.and north stand plus some areas on the bottom floor of the west stand. SA owning the south stand and the fcsl the rest. I would've thought that we would own the floodlights too and have to maintain them just like the pitch itself but who knows.

Edited by Shadwell Dog