Bairns v the Grandweans of Section B

21 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t confirm numbers but many of the games at Broomfield and many away days, we would comfortably take two thousand +

Someone said that game had a 5,000+ crowd which would agree with that. Hard to believe we now think such a game in Airdrie gets about 1500.  Best wishes

I have a soft spot for Airdrie as a club. My other half's family are all from there and I have attended the odd midweek game when Falkirk haven't been playing throughout the years. Their fans are slightly nuts but were easily the best at our place last season in terms of atmosphere and numbers. There has always been a bit of rivalry between the two sets of supports which always makes for good games. 

I'm surprised at Airdries downfall this season to be honest. Last year Murray had you playing very direct but effective football. It was good to watch and you thoroughly deserved the win at the Falkirk Stadium. You haven't had many departures apart from Roberts and Smith; yet are really struggling. What exactly has went wrong? Hopefully you turn it around after tomorrow and keep Cove outside of the play-off spots.

Tomorrow our side picks itself with Alston on the bench meaning Telfer and Connolly both keeping their places in the team.  

Any more news on Keena? Is next week still realistic for him to return? This will really add pressure to Sammon and Dowds to perform tomorrow.

Edited by wee_bairn

2,530 was the crowd for our last game at Airdrie. You'd hope a couple of k would be added to that if both sides were having similar seasons in the championship.

Might be important for Airdrie to finish as high as possible this year if Championship clubs are as financially fragile as reported in the press. 

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

I have a soft spot for Airdrie as a club. My other half's family are all from there and I have attended the odd midweek game when Falkirk haven't been playing throughout the years. Their fans are slightly nuts but were easily the best at our place last season for atmosphere and brought more numbers than Rovers. There has always been a bit of rivalry between the two sets of supports which always makes for good games. 

I'm surprised at Airdries downfall this season to be honest. Last year Murray had you playing very direct but effective football. It was good to watch and you thoroughly deserved the win at the Falkirk Stadium. You haven't had many departures apart from Roberts and Smith; yet are really struggling. What exactly has went wrong? Hopefully you turn it around after tomorrow and keep Cove outside of the play-off spots.

Tomorrow our side picks itself with Alston on the bench meaning Telfer and Connolly both keeping their places in the team.  

Any more news on Keena? Is next week still realistic for him to return? This will really add pressure to Sammon and Dowds to perform tomorrow.

I agree about a ‘soft spot’ for Airdrie.

No family connections but always loved going to Broomfield for some reason. Maybe it was the ‘cricket pavilion’ but it had great character, unlike the soulless stadia of today.
The games against Airdrie were never dull and we either won well or were cuffed as I recall.

Always remember the Whitefords, especially John who did well for us.

Also Willie McGuire. What a player!

I seem to recall a ‘baldie’ fullback who had massive legs. Any ideas who that could have been?

Also, the keeper who seemed to be with them for decades?

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I seem to recall a ‘baldie’ fullback who had massive legs. Any ideas who that could have been?

Bobo Baldie

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Lucas Birngstingl

31 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No family connections but always loved going to Broomfield for some reason. Maybe it was the ‘cricket pavilion’ but it had great character, unlike the soulless stadia of today.
The games against Airdrie were never dull and we either won well or were cuffed as I recall.

Doesn't surprise me one bit seen as you also have a soft spot for Sevco. Makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

John Martin and Paul jack perhaps?