Bairns v the Grandweans of Section B

5 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Pity your side never managed that, then. Or any manner of goal, for that matter. 

Unlike Airdrie, who did score. 

But of course, the beautiful part is you greetin' about the freekick from which our goal came. It's delectable.

Again whatever floats your boat.  If you get a stiffy out of folk talking about freekicks then who am i to argue.

At the end of the day  the freekick was 40 yards from goal and we didn't defend it well enough so we got what we deserved.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again whatever floats your boat.  If you get a stiffy out of folk talking about freekicks then who am i to argue.

At the end of the day  the freekick was 40 yards from goal and we didn't defend it well enough so we got what we deserved.

yummy james franco GIF

The gift that keeps on giving

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surprised noones mentioned the fact that watching the highlights and the foul Airdrie's goal comes from is never a freekick in a million years. Boy looks where the defender is backs into him and falls down.  We certainly didn't get the rub of the green with that decision.

Tbf that was their gameplan. We could still be playing now and Airdrie wouldn't have scored from open play 

5 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Your head. It has gone. 

Me? If  you think I'd rather be 7 points behind in the league  but have beaten Airdrie 1 0 yesterday then I'd clearly be off my nut.  I can just see it at the end of the season when Airdrie finish midtable aye but we beat Falkirk one nil in December so that makes it okay. Fucks sake.😂😂 When is the we beat Falkirk one nil dvd getting released?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Me? If  you think I'd rather be 7 points behind in the league  but have beaten Airdrie 1 0 yesterday then I'd clearly be off my nut.  I can just see it at the end of the season when Airdrie finish midtable aye but we beat Falkirk one nil in December so that makes it okay. Fucks sake.😂😂

Long way to go. Yes you're in the better league position but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We exposed weaknesses in Falkirk yesterday that other teams can and will learn from. You'll drop more points and we play you twice more also, so it's all to play for. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Me? If  you think I'd rather be 7 points behind in the league  but have beaten Airdrie 1 0 yesterday then I'd clearly be off my nut.  I can just see it at the end of the season when Airdrie finish midtable aye but we beat Falkirk one nil in December so that makes it okay. Fucks sake.😂😂 When is the dvd getting released?

Hahaha, this is sensational. 

tantrum GIF

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Long way to go. Yes you're in the better league position but it's a marathon, not a sprint. We exposed weaknesses in Falkirk yesterday that other teams can and will learn from. You'll drop more points and we play you twice more also, so it's all to play for. 

Yeah but like last season you suit the way we play. Your not going to be able to setup the same way against other sides in the league as has been blatantly obvious with your defeats so far this season to the likes of Dumbarton and East Fife two really poor sides. One decent result where let's face it you sneaked a game which should really have been nil nil means nothing. Noones fault but our own I'm may add.Christ reading the Airdrie thread last week noone thought you were going to be anywhere near title challenges and I'm not sure why yesterday's performance would really change that to be honest. It's not playing us you have issues it's against teams you need to take the game to that your problems lie.

9 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Hahaha, this is sensational. 

tantrum GIF

Are these inane gifs meant to signify something or are you just not very good with technology? Surely you don't spend your time trawling the net for images of kids waving spades.😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Jesus Christ man this threads taken a turn for the worse.

Airdrie all of a sudden turning a corner and "all to play for" whilst wanting the managers head on a stick last week (myself included).   It was a good result absolutely, and the type of game that Murrays team set up suited, if hes going with that defensive set up, it should be against the 2 teams who have just been relegated, I'd understand that, everyone else in this league is there to be attacked and we should be taking the game to them.

FWIW I thought we deserved at least a point for the way we defended, cant fault the work rate at all either and as someone else said our set up was perfect against a team like Falkirk who naturally are going to have more of the ball.  That was more like the defence of last season also, worked as a unit and big Sean led them well.

In summary, happy with the 3 points and a well executed game plan, but lots to do before the end of the season and I still think Falkirk will win the league (comfortably) with a few weeks to spare.  Still think a playoffs the best we can do.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are these inane gifs meant to signify something or are you just not very good with technology? Surely you don't spend your time trawling the net for images of kids waving spades.😂

Sad Baby GIF

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Jesus Christ man this threads taken a turn for the worse.

Airdrie all of a sudden turning a corner and "all to play for" whilst wanting the managers head on a stick last week (myself included).   It was a good result absolutely, and the type of game that Murrays team set up suited, if hes going with that defensive set up, it should be against the 2 teams who have just been relegated, I'd understand that, everyone else in this league is there to be attacked and we should be taking the game to them.

FWIW I thought we deserved at least a point for the way we defended, cant fault the work rate at all either and as someone else said our set up was perfect against a team like Falkirk who naturally are going to have more of the ball.  That was more like the defence of last season also, worked as a unit and big Sean led them well.

In summary, happy with the 3 points and a well executed game plan, but lots to do before the end of the season and I still think Falkirk will win the league (comfortably) with a few weeks to spare.  Still think a playoffs the best we can do.

Excellentt summary of the game mate.  I thought you deserved a point definitely as we created very little after the first 20 mins and Airdrie brought out a couple of decent saves from mutch never mind the goal. If we had scored in the first 20 then it may have been a different game completely but Airdrie grew in confidence the longer it was nil.nil.  My main gripe with us is that we should at least have been able to get a point as Airdrie to me would also have been happy with that the way they set up etc. Criminal for us to then not make sure we got something from the game.  

Anyway I'll move on and let AndyDD play with his GIFs . Some of us have things to do.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Excellentt summary of the game mate.  I thought you deserved a point definitely as we created very little after the first 20 mins and Airdrie brought out a couple of decent saves from mutch never mind the goal. If we had scored in the first 20 then it may have been a different game completely but Airdrie grew in confidence the longer it was nil.nil.  My main gripe with us is that we should at least have been able to get a point as Airdrie to me would also have been happy with that the way they set up etc. Criminal for us to then not make sure we got something from the game.  
Anyway I'll move on and let AndyDD play with his GIFs . Some of us have things to do.

IMG_1047.jpg

I thought it was a free kick, Led with the arm into our player’s head. He went down like a sack of tatties but player’s fault.

I did think Connell was very slightly offside. Camera angle not great though.

Good result for u. Need to find some consistency quickly though.