Bairns v the Grandweans of Section B

Yep, it’s a major shift over the past few years where now, we will feel genuine disappointment at losing a game as opposed to utter amazement at winning one.

No doubt in my mind that winning the next two would see us go on to win the league with two or three games to spare.

As mentioned elsewhere, this shortened season might well offer up the real possibility of two sides being promoted. If in the play off final, I would think that neither Falkirk nor Partick would be filled with dread at playing a QotS, an Arbroath, or an Alloa.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Great to see the game again. Special times seeing a team of players that would have squished the championship now. Still trying to decide if God actually lost balance or just another trick for the third goal.......🙄

Although I was at that game and it's not enjoyable to see it again, those two crosses are super and great headers from Sam McGivern.  Interesting to see so many aspects of the Broomfield arena from the Pavilion to the away Pie stall and the nearby Sherriff Court rather than Morrisons supermarket. Seeing the home crowd gathering at the Pavilion end for a wee bit of booing. The crowd looks so much bigger than any in the last 20 years. I might have misheard but does Jock Brown say the first half hat trick was by Alan Lawrence? The squads on both sides do look stronger than todays. Roll on Saturday?

Yep, I remember the new stand behind the goals at Dens Park. A mate Dundee supporter said he had only seen it filled by four visiting sides. The OF, Aberdeen and Falkirk.
No longer the case, but we used to have and incredibly high proportion of travelling support versus home support. At one stage, it was actually near enough 70%.

42 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Great away days then, and one distinct game was an away game at our fife neighbours (may have been a Sunday) remember getting onto the Kincardine bridge and it was literally a tailback until we arrived at east end park. Sure there was no covering then and the end terracing went round to the middle terracing. The crowd was right up to their choir and what an atmosphere, sure the gate was around 13,000 but many people said it was definitely more.Maybe someone can confirm date etc

Here you go.  I was in the main stand that day with my dad (and many other Falkirk fans). recorded as 13000 I think as you say, but like the quoted 5000 at airdrie games a lot lower than it was in reality

20201217_071926.jpg

13 hours ago, keithgy said:

It's Sam McGivern's 3rd and each one better than the one before.

That was my very first away game. My dad  who is no longer here took me as a wide eyed 9 year old and that game along with the rest of that unbelievable season(I’m sure the 7-1 Raith game was shortly after)  had me hooked for life and gave me an unrealistic expectation of what to expect from following Falkirk. Lovely to see it again. 

31 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I see your East End Park and I raise you Kilbowie 

1680910349_ScreenShot2020-12-17at10_30_27.thumb.png.a39a84de3cb52a2f8ace40ee2ee65a61.png

What a day. More tense then than in the final moments of cup semi finals we were leading in.

There's a certain photo that pops up on Twitter fairly regularly of a small section of the Bairns support that day and I'm bang in the middle of it.