P&B Posters' Teams List

Bully Wee Villa

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Giants fan but a few other teams I like . Im a 80s NFL fan from the old channel 4 days whos only really returned to follow it again in last 5 years

Good lad. Let’s reminisce about LT, Phill Simms, OJ Anderson, Mark Ingram, Mark Bavaro and Jeff Hostetler 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Good lad. Let’s reminisce about LT, Phill Simms, OJ Anderson, Mark Ingram, Mark Bavaro and Jeff Hostetler 

Those were the days, LT was some player and character. Phil Simms always under rated imo, he was as steady as a ship. 

Bavaro I could never remember the name of the tight end but now you say it , he was immense. I didnt really understand the importance of the Tight End until that 86 season.

To go back to LT though what a player loved watching him play.

On the topic of the Channel 4 show Sunday evening 1 hour show , that was a great show. 

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Those were the days, LT was some player and character. Phil Simms always under rated imo, he was as steady as a ship. 

Bavaro I could never remember the name of the tight end but now you say it , he was immense. I didnt really understand the importance of the Tight End until that 86 season.

To go back to LT though what a player loved watching him play.

On the topic of the Channel 4 show Sunday evening 1 hour show , that was a great show. 

Gary Imlach presenting. Top man

bavaro made had a great catch and run against the 49ers where he dragged Ronnie Lott and co about 20 yards. Great player who unfortunately had a back injury (I think) that stopped his career. Also played with a wired jaw which was mentioned in the 86 America’s Game. 

33 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Gary Imlach presenting. Top man

bavaro made had a great catch and run against the 49ers where he dragged Ronnie Lott and co about 20 yards. Great player who unfortunately had a back injury (I think) that stopped his career. Also played with a wired jaw which was mentioned in the 86 America’s Game. 

I liked all the presenters mick Luckhurst was really stilted but as an exkicker from uk gave the show something then was it John someone another kicker from uk. Frank Griffin did a season too if i mind right

Edited by BigDoddyKane

There was lot of great players in nfl when i first started watching it was Joe Theisman and John Riggs, Payton at bears. Marino was just class. Then Elway snd Jerry rice. 
the fridge too many to mention. Great memories.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, I'm a Saints fan. Started following them in the aftermath of Katrina when I started watching the NFL and wanted to pick a team, they seemed like a good team to support given the turmoil they were going through - always like an underdog!

• 2 weeks later...

Saints for me.

Went over to the states in 2016 with a couple of mates who were into NFL and first city visited was New Orleans.

We got tickets to see them against the Falcons which we had no idea carried a bit of needle as a rivalry so the whole game day experience was just a class day out and pretty much got me hooked on a sport I'd previously given zero f**ks about since my last exposure to it at Murrayfield when the school got Scottish Claymores ticket handouts.

On 28/12/2020 at 21:48, Silvio said:

Ravens, purely because I was watching The Wire around the same time I got into NFL in the mid-00s. 

Soft spot for the Bears due to getting some memorabilia around 1990 when a family member was working in Chicago. 

Put me down for the Ravens also. Just found this thread. Not far off same reason