Morton v Queens

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just saw the line-up. I really have no idea what to expect after seeing it.

Fergusson
Maxwell
Nortei
Buchanan
Obileye
McCabe
Shields
East
Dobbie
Goss
Gibson

I mean, we are garbage at CM so I suppose only playing 1 CM won't make much difference.

Happy to see Tommy getting a start. But the ball is going to be lumped up to him all game isn't it? Maybe not a bad thing with that midfield I suppose. 

Nortei started there last week, did he not? I'd imagine it will be him beside McCabe.
It would be my guess him and McCabe will be in the middle. As for Goss, Shields, Dobbie and East it really could be a lottery where they are played. It screams of a 'square peg in round holes' incoming though.

1 minute ago, Get_The_Subs_On said:

2 best players on the bench again in Nesbitt and Fjortoff. Feels like there’s more than just footballing reasons for this. 

Fjortoft opened his mouth last week, then the team won without him... and they clearly rate McPake over Nesbitt.

It's Muirhead in front of Nesbitt or McGuffie I can't see... (don't think anybody can). Have a feeling one or both of those two might end up making the difference today...

4 minutes ago, Get_The_Subs_On said:

2 best players on the bench again in Nesbitt and Fjortoff. Feels like there’s more than just footballing reasons for this. 

Or he's keeping as much consistency with selection as he can? Good result last week so why go changing things about massively?

Don't get me wrong, I'd start both of them but I can see why consistency is good.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Nortei started there last week, did he not? I'd imagine it will be him beside McCabe.

It would be my guess him and McCabe will be in the middle. As for Goss, Shields, Dobbie and East it really could be a lottery where they are played. It screams of a 'square peg in round holes' incoming though.

Yeah, you would think it will be Goss as the number 9 but I agree the other three could be anywhere. I would guess East and Shields wide with Dobbie playing off Goss

Guest 4RedCards
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, 4RedCards said:
After my last experience and no reply re my complaint I will not be financing Morton in any respect. Fold or Survive I don’t care.

That's a stinking attitude to have.

Well let me be less obtuse, I hope Morton Fold 🤨🤣

2 minutes ago, PearceDuff CF said:

Season over .

Not really. We still have losing at home in the Scottish Cup to somebody like East Stirling to look forward to.

Aimless punts forward from our defence and midfield always seem to find Morton players. They're knocking balls over the top instead of playing simple passes to team-mates.

Even after the blatant foul that led to the goal our defence still should have done better.