Morton v Queens

Queens lost 6-1  Morton had a very good win as Dunfermline .

Wonder what team will have the confidence to win the game 

This is the problem have a decent squad like Morton but have huge money problems or have a poor squad like Queens with no money problems 

Guest 4RedCards

Unfortunately for Queens away opponents their revenues from streaming Queens games are going to suffer through less and less South fans buying PPV to watch AJ’s Duffers get horsed! Then again this could be offset by their own fans signing up for a goal-fest 😪

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens lost 6-1  Morton had a very good win as Dunfermline .

Wonder what team will have the confidence to win the game 

This is the problem have a decent squad like Morton but have huge money problems or have a poor squad like Queens with no money problems 

Going by the posts of a few Morton fans their squad is very similar to Queens',  an abundance of midfielders and forwards and a shortage of defenders, and I don't think we're exactly rolling in cash either.  This will probably come down to which team performs better in midfield and we know how powder-puff we are in that department.  Hopefully the players are hurting about Saturday's result and performance,  I very much doubt it though, but this is as good an opportunity as any to buckle down and show a bit of professionalism. 

13 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Going by the posts of a few Morton fans their squad is very similar to Queens',  an abundance of midfielders and forwards and a shortage of defenders, and I don't think we're exactly rolling in cash either.  This will probably come down to which team performs better in midfield and we know how powder-puff we are in that department.  Hopefully the players are hurting about Saturday's result and performance,  I very much doubt it though, but this is as good an opportunity as any to buckle down and show a bit of professionalism. 

You are right to very much doubt it. If they were hurting and/or were going to buckle down and show some professionalism, the Raith game would have been a one-off.  However, their hurt and professionalism produced the performance against ICT closely followed by Saturday’s embarrassment. 

Last 2 games total score 9-1 going on 12/13-1...  Surely the manager must change his formation for the game on Sat, Obviously its not working with the players he has, would have suggested playing 3 CB 's and 2 wing backs but alas we don't have 3, massive mistake not resigning Kilday or Semple either would walk into the back line. Maybe he should try a 442 formation rather than the useless 433 or 4321 that he has been trying... If AJ is still in charge on Sat surely its his last throw of the dice, defeat and the 300 Fans returning to the stadium have to see a new manager in the dugout on boxing day v Dundee... 

Last 2 games total score 9-1 going on 12/13-1...  Surely the manager must change his formation for the game on Sat, Obviously its not working with the players he has, would have suggested playing 3 CB 's and 2 wing backs but alas we don't have 3, massive mistake not resigning Kilday or Semple either would walk into the back line. Maybe he should try a 442 formation rather than the useless 433 or 4321 that he has been trying... If AJ is still in charge on Sat surely its his last throw of the dice, defeat and the 300 Fans returning to the stadium have to see a new manager in the dugout on boxing day v Dundee... 

I think 3-5-2 would be worth trying, with Nortey, Obileye & Buchanan as the back 3 and Gibson & Maxwell as wing backs. Would mean we could get East or Shields up top with Dobbie.

I think 3-5-2 would be worth trying, with Nortey, Obileye & Buchanan as the back 3 and Gibson & Maxwell as wing backs. Would mean we could get East or Shields up top with Dobbie.

I am not a big fan of 3-5-2 but there is no way we can continue with this 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. You could drive a bus through the current formation and worryingly we create very little despite having two seemingly enterprising wingers.

It may be worth giving 3-5-2 a go as we definitely need a partner for Dobbie up front. He is understandably slowing down and a lone striker role will only accelerate his retirement.

I am not sure that any tactical permutation will make much difference as these players play as individuals and not as a team. Until all players take responsibility for doing some “dirty work” off the ball it is going to be more of the same.

7 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am not a big fan of 3-5-2 but there is no way we can continue with this 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. You could drive a bus through the current formation and worryingly we create very little despite having two seemingly enterprising wingers.

It may be worth giving 3-5-2 a go as we definitely need a partner for Dobbie up front. He is understandably slowing down and a lone striker role will only accelerate his retirement.

I am not sure that any tactical permutation will make much difference as these players play as individuals and not as a team. Until all players take responsibility for doing some “dirty work” off the ball it is going to be more of the same.

This.
3-5-2 might help the forward line but it does nothing to address the fundamental problem of the midfield providing absolutely nothing defensively. We would still have 2 hopeless CBs and I don’t think adding a third in the form of a midfielder helps that. We would also be relying on Gibson covering a lot of ground in the 90 minutes.

Never has the phrase "rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic" been more apt.

Giving Dobbie a partner would clearly be beneficial given how the rest of his Queens career has played out, but aside from that as Flash points out we still have the same problems throughout the rest of the team.  Not to mention the real key issue, which is the loser that is in charge of them.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

This.
3-5-2 might help the forward line but it does nothing to address the fundamental problem of the midfield providing absolutely nothing defensively. We would still have 2 hopeless CBs and I don’t think adding a third in the form of a midfielder helps that. We would also be relying on Gibson covering a lot of ground in the 90 minutes.

Unfortunately due to limited defenders/CB's 3 doesn't work ...seems the management signed far too many misfielder/winger types and forgot the fundememtal of being hard to beat and decided against signing a defence.. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Unfortunately due to limited defenders/CB's 3 doesn't work ...seems the management signed far too many misfielder/winger types and forgot the fundememtal of being hard to beat and decided against signing a defence.. 🤦‍♂️

How do u know Nortey cant play as one of 3 centre backs in a 3-5-2? Worth a try i would say.
Gibson certainly looks fit enough to do the right wing back role.
This would give us 3 players in centre midfield to try and plug the gap that the opposition seem to be flooding through at the moment.
2 up front would take the heavy lifting away from Dobbs.
Alternatively , we could do nothing and just moan about how shite we are....

59 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

How do u know Nortey cant play as one of 3 centre backs in a 3-5-2? Worth a try i would say.
Gibson certainly looks fit enough to do the right wing back role.
This would give us 3 players in centre midfield to try and plug the gap that the opposition seem to be flooding through at the moment.
2 up front would take the heavy lifting away from Dobbs.
Alternatively , we could do nothing and just moan about how shite we are....

You do know that what is said on an online forum has no impact on the actual team, yes? I agree that we should try 3-5-2, but I'd be really surprised if it happens. 

I guess I'll just have to continue to moan about how shite we are, which is really really shite.

You do know that what is said on an online forum has no impact on the actual team, yes? I agree that we should try 3-5-2, but I'd be really surprised if it happens. 
I guess I'll just have to continue to moan about how shite we are, which is really really shite.

What, u mean AJ wont implement my ideas immediately? Well thats crap.
Anyway, just get a bit fed up of the relentless negativity. I remember the Willie Harkness days, so I can exercise a bit of perspective at times like these.
Dont think Morton are anything to worry about, based on the league cup game, so quite optimistic of taking something at the weekend.

5 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Anyway, just get a bit fed up of the relentless negativity. I remember the Willie Harkness days, so I can exercise a bit of perspective at times like these.
Dont think Morton are anything to worry about, based on the league cup game, so quite optimistic of taking something at the weekend.

I hate this argument. Yes, I know it's been shite supporting Queens before, but in general the last 2 decades have been pretty good. We're allowed to call it for what it is when it's not, and at the moment it really isn't good. I don't think there is really anything on this board that is overly negative at the moment, most is realism. 

I hate this argument. Yes, I know it's been shite supporting Queens before, but in general the last 2 decades have been pretty good. We're allowed to call it for what it is when it's not, and at the moment it really isn't good. I don't think there is really anything on this board that is overly negative at the moment, most is realism. 

U go for it buddy. Rather than just stating the obvious flaws in the team tho its sometimes more interesting to me how me might try & fix it and thats all i was trying to do in my original post.
The obvious response to that i suppose is to suggest sacking the manager, but i dont think that will happen any time soon

Out if interest, what positives do you think there are right now on the playing side?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Out if interest, what positives do you think there are right now on the playing side?

Queens haven't conceded seven in a game so far this season