Premiership Best & Worst Posters 2020

Having won both Best and Worst Hibs poster last year, I feel like it's HibsFan's turn to host these awards. Sort of like how they do it with the Eurovision.

Will only be bothering if there's interest and enough PMs. Might do a bonus Hearts category to reflect @8GamesToGo's sincerely-held belief that they were never relegated.

So yeah, get PMing with your best and worst of each SPFL Premiership club (+ Hearts) and I'll tally up the votes.

You have until midnight on Christmas Eve to send in your votes.

We'll then have a Christmas Day truce before results are announced between Boxing Day and Hogmanay (two clubs a day).

By all means, feel free to discuss/publicly slag off posters in this thread, helps to generate a greater number of head losses.

Edited by HibsFan

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Highlight of the year on P&B. I'll have to think carefully about this

Who’d have thought you’d be first on this?

Like a dog at a bag of hot chips as always. Expect to feature prominently M8; but maybe not quite box office. Upper mid-table is my guess. 

(and to save you the trouble of a reply - no, I won’t  feature anywhere). 

Rangers worst poster might be a bit more interesting this year, rather than the standard trio of Bennett/Kincy/MJC.
Seems like a dozen h*n accounts have slithered back on here since their upturn in fortunes. 1153799694_JackCross.png.355a60d3d502f5c8b24f489d1a70c88e.png
Yeah, more to choose from.
Who’d have thought you’d be first on this?
Like a dog at a bag of hot chips as always. Expect to feature prominently M8; but maybe not quite box office. Upper mid-table is my guess. 

(and to save you the trouble of a reply - no, I won’t  feature anywhere). 

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Do I have to PM my nominations? I feel like it would be much more controversial (and therefore better) to post them in this thread.

I'll also count any nominations that are clearly presented on this thread, but PMs add an air of suspense* to the results.

Spoiler

*Having said that, I can guarantee that you won't be finishing in the top 3 for best Rangers posters. RossWithIt.gif.b21ef4e5570bd42ec823ce9d6284f9b2.gif

Edited by HibsFan

About a decade ago, I was voted the 20th most influential poster on this site. It's a highlight that I still hold dear to my heart; the award ceremony was glitzy, the audience star studded and the evening was memorable.

Tunbridge did a decent job of putting this together last year, to the point that I had a change of heart and moved him from worst to best Accies poster.

I won't be announcing the teams in alphabetical order though, rookie mistake ending on a graveyard set of Perth and Paisley posters.

Gotta keep things fresh and everyone on their toes. Rossface.png.5bfbafed19b81ee0b1d05b1d90bde05e.png

I fully expect some sort of special/lifetime achievement Worst Poster award for 8gamestogo here. Also maybe that other lad whose name I've forgotten who thought that boring people on here might keep Hearts up. They may not be premier league any more, but it's a 2020 awards and some of the meltdowns from the Hearts boys this summer definitely left their mark.

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Already a scattering of PMs so far. Keep them coming.

Votes being mailed in, candidates with maniacal egos, and weeks will pass until we know the final results. Getting flashbacks to the US Election already.

Incidentally, I've enlisted the help of John King and Wolf Blitzer - the two faces of CNN's memorable, 100mph, Adderall-fuelled coverage of the whole thing last month - to help guide us through the next ten days of chaos and uncertainty.

Romeo.thumb.gif.997b82146a40a39b48b9522fe1069356.gif

"Now, take a look at this ward in North Lanarkshire; a very industrial, blue-collar part of the country. Remember, folks, back in 2016 they turned out in big numbers to vote @Romeo as the worst Celtic poster. So far - and it's early days, remember - we're seeing Romeo replicate that strong showing here, and indeed that's a trend that we're seeing right across many of the swing states, at least in the early votes that have been counted so far. If @wastecoatwilly is going to stand any chance of winning this thing, postal votes are going to be crucial, otherwise his path to the worst Celtic poster crown will become mathematically improbable. But it's important to keep in mind, everybody, that these are very preliminary stages, and there's still a long way to go. Back to you, Anderson."

Very close call between the two in my opinion. I think I'm going to have to vote @wastecoatwilly as the worst though simply due to the fact that you couldn't go two minutes without seeing a post from him at the start of the season and now his activity has dropped right off, coinciding with Celtic's slump in form.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

Very close call between the two in my opinion. I think I'm going to have to vote @wastecoatwilly as the worst though simply due to the fact that you couldn't go two minutes without seeing a post from him at the start of the season and now his activity has dropped right off, coinciding with Celtic's slump in form.

He's out with Tommy Sheridan touring Celtic Supporters Clubs, giving the brothers and sisters the faithful through and through, more than a club, we are all Neil Lennon spiel.