The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

16 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Dear Mr T. t. Bam,

I find your latest internet forum posting utterly abominable. In it, you accuse myself and other forum users as being 'Yer Dad' types who correspond with fanzines in green ink! I'll have you know that I have never, and would never, correspond with a so-called "fanzine" in my life. The very idea of entering into correspondence with the motley collection of communists, immigrants, lesbians and sundry beard-wearing degenerates who create such rubbish sends a chill up and down my spine, and for you to suggest that myself and other forum users would even contemplate such a thing is grossly offensive.

I am in contact with my solicitors and I demand a full retraction and apology forthwith, otherwise legal action WILL be taken.

Brigadier Aim Here, CVSO (ret.)

Tunbridge Wells

God bless Kevin Toms.

Sir Clive's least known legacy.
"
C-5 A military term used for a male-male-female threesome in which the woman is providing oral sex to one man and vaginal or anal sex to the other.

The term is derived from the C-5 Galaxy aircraft, which has a hinged nose in addition to the aft cargo hatch. As such, the aircraft can be loaded from the front and the rear.

For a similar act, see the Eiffel Tower. We did a C-5 on Jill last night, she wanted to get loaded from the front and back.

Jill was doing a C-5 with Jack and me last week. We loaded her from the front and the rear."
So Fūck all to do with Sinclair, then?

Greavesie with the Saints now. And my Deadpool duck is broken too.

Like a lot of folk I used to watch the Saint and Greavesie on a Saturday lunchtime. My dad, not a football fan, used to get annoyed "at that English clown insulting Scottish players" but I didn't mind him really.

He also did the letters in Shoot!* There was a feature "Wally of the Week" and someone sent in a picture of Clydebank coach Jim Fallon and said "This guy looks like you. He must be a wally". Jimmy replied "I agree. What a wally". Dumbarton fans may just agree with Jimmy's conclusion.

*Or a ghostwriting sub-editor

38 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

RIP to the most famous Accies fan

I don't know what age you are, but back in the eighties when he had his 'wee thing' with the Accies.  Greavsie was on a chat show and at the end of the show the Accies captain at the time walked on, in full kilt and a big haggis on his shoulder to suprise Greavsie.  That captain, is my brother in law Alex Hamill.  I can't find a clip anywhere, sorry.

Week 38 update

Two deaths this week. First up, inventor and electronics man Clive Sinclair: Home computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81 | Clive Sinclair | The Guardian

Sir Clive Sinclair, the inventor and entrepreneur who was instrumental in bringing home computers to the masses, has died at the age of 81.

His daughter, Belinda, said he died at home in London on Thursday morning after a long illness. Sinclair invented the pocket calculator but was best known for popularising the home computer, bringing it to British high-street stores at relatively affordable prices.

Many modern-day titans of the games industry got their start on one of his ZX models. For a certain generation of gamer, the computer of choice was either the ZX Spectrum 48K or its rival, the Commodore 64.

Elon Musk, the Tesla and SpaceX chief, commented on Twitter on an article calling Sir Clive the father of the ZX Spectrum: “RIP, Sir Sinclair. I loved that computer.”

Belinda Sinclair, 57, told the Guardian: “He was a rather amazing person. Of course, he was so clever and he was always interested in everything. My daughter and her husband are engineers so he’d be chatting engineering with them.”

He left school at 17 and worked for four years as a technical journalist to raise funds to found Sinclair Radionics.

Here's... well, just watch it:

I had it in my head that loads of people picked him, but he was a Solo Shot for @Aim Here. Where are the P&B da contingent who go on about the Spectrum? Sinclair died at 81, so he's worth 44 Base Points with a bonus of 50 for 94 in total.

============================

Up next this week is former Chelsea, Spurs and England striker Jimmy Greaves: Jimmy Greaves, England and Tottenham great, dies aged 81 | Jimmy Greaves | The Guardian

Jimmy Greaves, feted as one of England’s greatest strikers and a member of the squad that won the 1966 World Cup, has died at the age of 81.

“We are extremely saddened to learn of the passing of the great Jimmy Greaves, not just Tottenham Hotspur’s record goalscorer but the finest marksman this country has ever seen,” read a club statement. “Jimmy passed away at home in the early hours of this morning, Sunday 19 September.”

Greaves is widely recognised as being one of the most naturally gifted goalscorers of his generation. He scored 132 goals for Chelsea in 169 matches between 1957 and 1961, before moving to Spurs and becoming their all-time top scorer with 266 goals in 379 appearances. Greaves also scored 44 England goals in 57 appearances – including six hat-tricks.

“Jimmy certainly deserves inclusion in any list of England’s best players, given his status as one of our greatest goalscorers and his part in our 1966 World Cup success,” said the England manager, Gareth Southgate. “We will pay tribute to his memory at our home match with Hungary at Wembley Stadium next month. His place in our history will never be forgotten.”

Following a spell at West Ham, Greaves retired from football in 1980 and reinvented himself a hugely popular TV pundit as one half of Saint and Greavsie, the popular weekend football show which he presented alongside the former Liverpool and Scotland striker Ian St John and in 1982 he was chosen as a pundit for ITV’s coverage of that summer’s World Cup. Greaves also was a newspaper columnist and after-dinner speaker.

He won a Serie A title with AC Milan, two FA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup with Tottenham. He had an unremarkable international career.

Greaves died at 81 so he's worth 44 Base Points for @Ben Twilly, @BillyAnchor, @Billy Jean King, @Blootoon87, @buddiepaul, @expatowner, @gkneil, @HI HAT, @Indale Winton, @jimbaxters, @JustOneCornetto, @peasy23, @Moomintroll, @psv_killie, @Sergeant Wilson, @sleazy, @Sweaty Morph and @tamthebam. It's 22 points for a Vice-Captain bonus and a total of 66 for @ICTJohnboy and @ThomCat.

As a result of all of this, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 713
2. Fuctifano 420
3. psv_killie 413

4. Savage Henry 344
5. Indale Winton 332

6. Bishop Briggs 327
7. Arch Stanton 270

8. Aim Here, Ludo*1 255
10. Lofarl 243
11. choirbairn 240
12. pub car king 238
13. senorsoupe 236
14. JustOneCornetto 233
15. buddiepaul 223
16. sparky88 221
17. expatowner 217
18. ICTJohnboy 216
19. gkneil 203
20. Sherrif John Bunnell 198

21. Arbroathlegend36-0 196
22. Willie adie 180
23. Bert Raccoon 179

24. cdhafc1874, lichtgilphead 167
26. doulikefish 163
27. qos_75 162
28. ThomCat 161
29. HI HAT 160

30. chompmyroot 158
31. peasy23, sleazy 156

33. stanton 149
34. The DA 146
35. El Guapo 141
36. weejack 138
37. jimbaxters 130
38. Billy Jean King 128

39. lolls, Mark Connolly 120
41. Curmudgeon 118

42. Arabdownuner, Enigma, speckled tangerine, Sweaty Morph 112
46. thistledo 108
47. Amandajoan 103
48. Bold Rover, D.V.T. 102
50. dee_62 101
51. amnarab 91
52. Lex, The Hologram 89
54. Cardinal Richelieu, mathematics 86
56. 101,  nessies long lost ghost 84
58. BillyAnchor, weirdcal 83
60. The_Craig 81
61. Raidernation 77
62. Karpaty Lviv 76
63. Blootoon87, Perkin Flump, Sergeant Wilson 70

66. CountyFan 67
67. LoonsYouthTeam 62
68. theportman, TxRover 55
70. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Empty It, Salvo Montalbano 52
76. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51
78. Ben Twilly, tamthebam 44

80. Eednud, gingette, GTG_03, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Shotgun, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
91. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

I was just curious about the state of the twelve zero-pointers still in the game, and the most efficient way to get everyone clear of nul points this year. Turns out that it is possible to raise the bar and leave no Dead Pooler behind with just six celebrity deaths.

Namely:

Olivia Newton-John
Alex Ferguson
Rob Burrow
Keith Richards
Clint Eastwood or June Brown
Any pick from @ToBeSomeone's list

I reckon Keith Richards is a tall order meself, but the rest of them seem plausible, at least individually.