The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

Going through my 'long list' and culling the ones who have died and this lad went with a date of tomorrow (in the UK), checked it and yeah...

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/08/02/former-fmw-wng-star-hideki-hosaka-passes-away-at-49/

The renowned HidekI Hosaka has passed away, I'm sure he was a top boy.

Do I win a fiver or anything for posting a link with a date BEFORE his death ???

As an aside, there have been a load of supporting actors/actresses that have died in the last year or two.  I should maybe be looking for less obscure.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Going through my 'long list' and culling the ones who have died and this lad went with a date of tomorrow (in the UK), checked it and yeah...

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/08/02/former-fmw-wng-star-hideki-hosaka-passes-away-at-49/

The renowned HidekI Hosaka has passed away, I'm sure he was a top boy.

Do I win a fiver or anything for posting a link with a date BEFORE his death ???

As an aside, there have been a load of supporting actors/actresses that have died in the last year or two.  I should maybe be looking for less obscure.

It's September, ya numptie.

Week 36 update

One death this week, the musician and producer Lee "Scratch" Perry: Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry obituary | Lee 'Scratch' Perry | The Guardian

Lee “Scratch” Perry, who has died aged 85, was one of Jamaica’s finest and most unpredictable record producers, as well as a much recorded singer. But perhaps his greatest global legacy was the profound effect he had on the king of reggae, Bob Marley.

As a singer in the Wailers with Peter Tosh and Bunny Livingston, Marley had experienced a modest degree of success in Jamaica before he came into Perry’s charismatic orbit in 1970. Hooking up with Perry changed the way Marley saw things, pulling him away from the measured harmonies of a trio towards something more heartfelt.

Urged on by Perry to take a more spiritual approach, he copied some of Perry’s vocal phrasing, built a new, bass-dominated sound and, with Perry’s help, began to release a string of new songs – such as Soul Rebel, Duppy Conqueror, Kaya and Small Axe – that would propel him on to the world stage.

Although Perry and Marley parted company on poor terms before Marley really hit the big time as a solo artist, it was Perry’s free-spirited unorthodoxy that drew the best out of the younger man.

Essentially a layman in music circles, Perry came up with ways of doing things that would rarely occur to trained musicians – and which they regularly rejected as unworkable until they tried them and found to the contrary. His adventurous, shamanistic spirit brought him to the very top as a reggae producer in the mid to late 1970s, when he ruled the Jamaican music scene from his fabled Black Ark studio in the capital, Kingston, creating critically acclaimed and popular records with artists such as the Heptones, Junior Byles, Max Romeo and the Congos.

Here he is in a KEXP session:

Perry died at 85, so he's worth 40 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @gkneil for an extra 50 and a total of 90 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 627
2. Savage Henry 344
3. Fuctifano 334
4. Ludo*1 255
5. Lofarl 243
6. Bishop Briggs 241
7. choirbairn 240
8. Indale Winton 202
9. psv_killie 197
10. JustOneCornetto 189
11. expatowner1 173

12. buddiepaul 172
13. doulikefish 163
14. gkneil 159

15. chompmyroot 158
16. pub car king 152
17. ICTJohnboy 150
18. senorsoupe, stanton 149
20. The DA 146
21. Arch Stanton 141
22. sparky88 135
23. lolls, Mark Connolly 120
25. HI HAT 116
26. Arbroatlegend36-0 113
27. peasy23, sleazy 112
29. thistledo 108
30. Amandajoan 103
31. Bold Rover, D.V.T. 102
33. dee_62 101
34. ThomCat 95

35. Willie adie 94
36. Bert Raccoon 93
37. amnarab 91
38. Lex, The Hologram 89
40. Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters 86
42. 101, Billy Jean King, nessies long lost ghost 84
45. weirdcal 83
46. cdisaaccie, lichtgilphead, The_Craig 81
49. Raidernation 77
50. Karpaty Lviv, qos_75 76
52. Sweaty Morph 68
53. CountyFan 67
54. LoonsYouthTeam 62
55. El Guapo, theportman, TxRover 55
58. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Empty It, Salvo Montalbano, weejack 52
65. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51
67. BillyAnchor 39
68. Aim Here, Curmudgeon 32
72. Arabdownunder, Blootoon87, Eednud, Enigma, gingette, GTG_03, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Perkin Flump, Sergeant Wilson, Sherrif John Bunnell, Shotgun, Speckled Tangerine, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
88. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

Horrible news that Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has passed away, aged just 39. She had been battling cancer for a while and hopefully she is now at peace and free of pain. 

Thoughts must be with her family and friends. 

9 minutes ago, deegee said:

Horrible news that Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has passed away, aged just 39. She had been battling cancer for a while and hopefully she is now at peace and free of pain. 

She's the sound of the underground now. 

14 minutes ago, deegee said:

That's really is tragic, so young but I see Ned had her in his team so pretty inevitable. Might as well hand the title to him now.

56 minutes ago, deegee said:

She's a whole lotta history now.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

She's the sound of the underground now. 

1 hour ago, JustOneCornetto said:

That's really is tragic, so young but I see Ned had her in his team so pretty inevitable. Might as well hand the title to him now.

27 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

She's a whole lotta history now.

3061697A-0713-4E2A-BB7F-9154E60C4232.gif

1 hour ago, throbber said:

3061697A-0713-4E2A-BB7F-9154E60C4232.gif

You might be in the wrong thread. This is the thread where folk hear about the tragic premature death of a perfectly blameless famous person and silently fistpump 'yes' to themselves, before concocting terrible puns and counting up their point scores.

The threads where that sort of thing is frowned upon are all the other threads on this website.